BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(18-10-2023, 09:02 AM)Mjb Wrote:  Katya Adler is now presenting on the news channel, this follows presenting the Ten a few weeks back. Is this a change in role or additional to Euro editor
Why aren’t any of the Chief Presenters out there?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(18-10-2023, 01:36 PM)Moz Wrote:  Why aren’t any of the Chief Presenters out there?

Not sure considering the big wages they are getting paid they should be out on the field for these major news events.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Scratch_Perry

(18-10-2023, 03:55 PM)harshy Wrote:  Not sure considering the big wages they are getting paid they should be out on the field for these major news events.

Yalda Hakim would have been one of the first out there if she was still with the BBC. I reckon Christian Fraser will pop up there eventually. He seems the most likely with his reporting experience of the Middle East.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice

Clive Myrie is there. Lyse Doucet is there. Is there a need for another?
[-] The following 9 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(18-10-2023, 04:51 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Clive Myrie is there. Lyse Doucet is there. Is there a need for another?

The original question posed was about chief presenters I think one of them should be there given that they are just that big time chief presenters and they went through those rigorous bbc tests to become a chief presenter.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • interestednovice, Scratch_Perry

Another example of BBC at its best on World just then… Breaking News that The US has intel that Israel did not do hospital blast.

Was only on screen for a moment before being replaced with the ever so helpful BBC NEWS BREAKING BREAKING graphic before being replaced with the US believes Israel was not responsible but now not clear what they are not responsible for 🤦🏼‍♂️

Even now it says IDF says…. Surely that should be IDF claims….

Come on BBC, you are supposed to be a world class broadcaster. Get your act together.

(18-10-2023, 04:51 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Clive Myrie is there. Lyse Doucet is there. Is there a need for another?

Neither of those are Chief Presenters.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

I'd argue that just because BBC News now has chief presenters doesn't mean they have to be sent to Israel or Gaza. Do they have local knowledge of that area? Would sending them there add any real value to the BBC's coverage?

Also, importantly have those individuals had the relevant training for staying safe in hostile environments and war zones? Similarly, are those individuals comfortable in reporting from such areas, as they may wish to consider concerns of their families.

They also need to have someone present in the studio for if/when the line drops out. Given that five BBC News staff are currently 'unavailable' for appearing on screen due to being in dispute I imagine that BBC News would rather not pay for another freelancer to just be on standby in the studio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 10 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, DTV, House, ilsondan15, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Spencer, UTVLifer

(18-10-2023, 07:11 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Another example of BBC at its best on World just then… Breaking News that The US has intel that Israel did not do hospital blast.

Was only on screen for a moment before being replaced with the ever so helpful BBC NEWS BREAKING BREAKING graphic before being replaced with the US believes Israel was not responsible but now not clear what they are not responsible for 🤦🏼‍♂️

Even now it says IDF says…. Surely that should be IDF claims….

Come on BBC, you are supposed to be a world class broadcaster. Get your act together.
Are they just taking that as fact as the US said it without going through the Verified team?   I believe at the same time last night C4 were airing a forensic analysis of the Israel claims and came to a different conclusion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

(19-10-2023, 08:44 AM)Keith Wrote:  I'd argue that just because BBC News now has chief presenters doesn't mean they have to be sent to Israel or Gaza.

Agreed. It’s also worth remembering that both BBC news channels (NC/24 and World (News)) had ‘chief presenters’, they just weren’t often referred to publicly as such.

Given broadcasters are unable to get journalists into Gaza (aside from the few already located there), I’m not sure what live presentation from the region necessarily adds, either.
[-] The following 4 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer