BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(23-10-2023, 12:38 PM)ALV Wrote:  [Image: b4e5a3f2b8a369f8c32e87e9481cf936-png.jpg]

Looks like a Match of the Day football logo. Like others have said, it's not worth getting your hopes up.
[-] The following 10 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, freeaxe, GMc, harshy, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, Stuart

Will it be on at 10pm tonight? I presume UK viewers won’t be able to see it?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(23-10-2023, 12:24 PM)Mjb Wrote:  Maybe this is the reason for the current “basic” graphics. Waiting for this new graphics system?

I am an optimist btw

Is there a new graphics system coming?

(23-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Is there a new graphics system coming?
I'm not holding my breath for that, as I fear it would result in Hypoxia. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Reith85

My impression from what I have read at the start of the year was that studio E would have been refitted by now and new graphics would have been launched. Let’s hope it’s all just delayed.

Reeta is now out in Jerusalem so it looks like Clive and Reeta's role involves presenting on location overseas.

(23-10-2023, 11:06 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  World News America:

x.com 

Doesn't feel like that long since they rebranded.

Seems nowadays it's no expense spared for BBC News in the US and no expense spent for BBC News in the UK.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(23-10-2023, 06:05 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Reeta is now out in Jerusalem so it looks like Clive and Reeta's role involves presenting on location overseas.

Reeta went out for a bit at the start of the Ukraine war as well. 

I recall at the time, it wasn’t seen as a success. Whereas Clive always gives off the impression he’s literally just come off the front line to present the bulletin, Reeta seemed to be so distant from the action, she might as well not have been there
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald

(23-10-2023, 06:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Doesn't feel like that long since they rebranded.

Seems nowadays it's no expense spared for BBC News in the US and no expense spent for BBC News in the UK.
- It's been over three years since WNA rebranded, longer than The Context, who received new titles earlier in the year.
- The graphics have likely been produced in-house, so carry little/no additional expense, and are part of a wider (and abnormally slow) rollout of new titles to all programmes, so wouldn't be a specific expense anyway. 
- The 'new' graphics system will also be rolled out to UK output afterwards, so again not a case of US favouritism. 
- World News America, as a specifically syndicated programme, also brings additional revenue to the channel.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(23-10-2023, 06:46 PM)DTV Wrote:  - It's been over three years since WNA rebranded, longer than The Context, who received new titles earlier in the year.
- The graphics have likely been produced in-house, so carry little/no additional expense, and are part of a wider (and abnormally slow) rollout of new titles to all programmes, so wouldn't be a specific expense anyway. 
- The 'new' graphics system will also be rolled out to UK output afterwards, so again not a case of US favouritism. 
- World News America, as a specifically syndicated programme, also brings additional revenue to the channel.

Does America run all their own graphics operations at the moment or is someone still in NBH. If it is the later it might be easier to deploy in America initially with NBH able to act as fallback therefore reducing the risk of the project.