BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(24-10-2023, 07:06 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I’d much rather do the One, Six & Ten as a triple than what Tina Daheley is doing today!

It must be very tiring to still be doing a live broadcast at 6:30pm when you had to get up early enough to do a breakfast show!

Mind you, I remember from the CNN thread that John Berman presented AC360 from NY one evening and then New Day from Washington the next morning, if I recall correctly. Quite impressive!

Tim Wilcox also used to work all hours across BBC News back in the day.

I'm sure Jon Sopel did a Newsnight/Breakfast pairing once or twice in the mid 2000s too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BN88's post:
  • interestednovice

(24-10-2023, 10:15 PM)Andrew Wrote:  They must be short of Fiona is doing more than her one bulletin a week as well
Well, I'm guessing it may also be a partial side-effect of Hue Edwards currently being suspended / off-sick (not sure what the latest is). They probably also can't easily 'borrow' a news channel presenter, given the channel's reduction in presenters and that 5 of them are 'off-air' due to being in dispute.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I don’t know why in my little mind I thought there would be an improvement in the lower thirds, looks like what improvements they had been has only made it to Washington in the form of flashier camera moves to better tell the story I guess, and what are these new toys Chris was referring too?

On a positive I think I’ve worked out how to record using my capture card is actually pretty smooth on my phone I’m sure even James2001 would be happy :-)

Is the classy (and importantly, not glaringly and blindingly clinically white) DC background not used at all anymore for WNA?
[-] The following 7 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

Huh? Why did the BBC just get a Hurricane update from a local FoxDC meteorologist instead of using one of their own? Confusing.... Then Shafernaker comes on just now to do a vague US weather update at the end.... After the 2nd extremely hard break at the bottom of the hour. It seems all sporadic and weird. Exhausting.
[-] The following 5 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

BBC verify segment just now from the vertical screens. They are using a shoulder cam to move about with the reporter and zoom in on whats on the screen. THere is one horizontal monitor down the end with a BBC Verify logo looping. Looks better, but they have the vertical monitors flat instead of slightly tilted which causes a washout from the overhead lights. The whole set up looks temporary. If they are going to push the BBC Verify segments they really need a nicer set-up. But I do like the addtion of the shoulder cam to move about the area. They are getting there. But it should have been launched better IMO.
[-] The following 5 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige, UTVLifer

Can they not use studio b to do the bbc verify stuff it would look so much professional and get across the points better then those three screens and Verified Live should make better use of BBC Verify and provide discussion on their analysis.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige

(25-10-2023, 07:45 PM)harshy Wrote:  Can they not use studio b to do the bbc verify stuff it would look so much professional and get across the points better then those three screens and Verified Live should make better use of BBC Verify and provide discussion on their analysis.

For me I like the newsroom background. I like the noise and buzz of the newsroom. It engenders a feeling of immediacy. It needs a set that matches the anchor sets, but with a background that has screens. Not tv's on rolling carts that they are using now. It feels temporary.
[-] The following 11 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, ginnyfan, matthieu1221, Spencer, UTVLifer

Very graphic content shown just then one BBC News from the UN. Far too slow cutting away. 

The ambassador said he was going to show the body cam footage it before he did!

Before that a dead body.

No graphic footage warning, or delay.
[-] The following 6 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, thePineapple, TJTSW

he did discribe what would happen before he showed the video too, so they did have warning... Im guessing that will be a newswatch topic tomorrow ?
[-] The following 2 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart