BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Programme title slide:

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

Quote:The 9-episode season, which premieres on November 16th with first guest actor Wendell Pierce, will air weekly across the BBC News channel, BBC.com and YouTube. An audio version will be available on all major podcast platforms and on BBC iPlayer in the UK. Extended versions of the episodes will be available in North America on BBC Select in the new year.

Upcoming guests include:

- Wendell Pierce, Actor
- Ina Garten, Television Cook and Author
- Anthony Fauci, Former NIAID Director
- Ken Follett, Author
- Misty Copeland, Principal Dancer with American Ballet Theatre
- Michael Lewis, Author and Financial Journalist
- Jane Wurwand, Founder of Dermalogica
- José Andrés, Chef and Restaurateur
- Hugh Bonneville, Actor

Full press release from BBC Studios: www.bbcstudiospressroom.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like LDN's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(07-11-2023, 01:27 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I stopped watching the 'State Opening of Parliament'  the moment the DJ in a suit didn't challenge someone who claimed we didn't have a written constitution.

He obviously did little research. Our constitution is 'uncodified', which means it's WRITTEN in many different documents. Not UNWRITTEN.

Typical poor BBC News production, but I expected nothing better these days. Confused

I had no issue with that (I’ve always thought it was unwritten to be fair - and I’m not sure it really matters).

I had an issue with Nicky Campbell’s constant mistakes. He got people the wrong way round, confused the Lord Chancellor with a Vice Chancellor and just seemed a bit too jokey about the whole thing.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ilsondan15, interestednovice, Nige, UTVLifer

Why does it seem like a random decision to me whenever the UK feed decides to take Newsnight live or on tape delay?

Tonight is one of those nights I hate... Straight after the George Alagiah's tribute package, they just immediately switched to Newsnight in progress. The continuity is so rough it's like someone holding a remote control and switching in between TV channels randomly.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, ilsondan15, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Rolling News

(07-11-2023, 11:45 PM)Moz Wrote:  I had no issue with that (I’ve always thought it was unwritten to be fair - and I’m not sure it really matters).

I had an issue with Nicky Campbell’s constant mistakes. He got people the wrong way round, confused the Lord Chancellor with a Vice Chancellor and just seemed a bit too jokey about the whole thing.
In other words, he took a “mid morning 5 Live phone in” attitude to a serious state occasion; totally predicable and absolutely the reason he shouldn’t have done the job. Someone at BBC News must like him, otherwise he would not have got the regular TV slot, but he’s not a good fit for the channel or BBC News in general.

Stick to radio, I say.
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ilsondan15, Stuart

(07-11-2023, 11:43 PM)LDN Wrote:  Programme title slide:

i.ibb.co 

Looks nice but goes to show how limited designs can be when the design style is … circles
[-] The following 2 users Like seenee's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(07-11-2023, 11:43 PM)LDN Wrote:  Programme title slide:

i.ibb.co 

Interesting this one is centre aligned like that Future Earth programme, but maybe it’s like Focus on Africa, who knows.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(07-11-2023, 11:51 PM)ALV Wrote:  Why does it seem like a random decision to me whenever the UK feed decides to take Newsnight live or on tape delay?

Tonight is one of those nights I hate... Straight after the George Alagiah's tribute package, they just immediately switched to Newsnight in progress. The continuity is so rough it's like someone holding a remote control and switching in between TV channels randomly.

www.youtube.com 

Yeah luckily with the global feed it’s managed by Red Bee and still looks all professional with decent continuity, while the uk feed is like someone switching it with a sky remote.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(08-11-2023, 08:50 AM)Caseenee Wrote:  Looks nice but goes to show how limited designs can be when the design style is … circles

Can we bet that it will have also the generic BBC News theme slapped in too?

Pretty lazy everything.
[-] The following 6 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • bax, bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, seenee

(08-11-2023, 11:32 AM)harshy Wrote:  Yeah luckily with the global feed it’s managed by Red Bee and still looks all professional with decent continuity, while the uk feed is like someone switching it with a sky remote.

Is a sky remote different to a normal remote? 😜

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(08-11-2023, 01:43 PM)Moz Wrote:  Is a sky remote different to a normal remote? 😜

Ha no it’s the first thing that came to my head as we have Sky Q  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Moz