BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(11-11-2023, 02:10 PM)thegeek Wrote:  up.metropol247.co.uk 

I think it’s so bloody ‘cheesy’ having these kind of set ups. Away from the actual services, nobody lines up to observe the silence and I agree, it all just feels very contrived. 

Fair enough, the run through the nations capitals and the services in those places is a little clichè but the staged live shots were just cringe.
[-] The following 10 users Like Manclad83's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chris, chrisherald, GMc, LargelyALurker, matthieu1221

(11-11-2023, 07:46 PM)Manclad83 Wrote:  I think it’s so bloody ‘cheesy’ having these kind of set ups. Away from the actual services, nobody lines up to observe the silence and I agree, it all just feels very contrived. 

Fair enough, the run through the nations capitals and the services in those places is a little clichè but the staged live shots were just cringe.

They could have re-run the idents which shall not be named and you’d have not told them difference. 

It is a bit cliche. They had a better set of locations and views when they went a bit OTT on the emergency alert test.

Quote:Reith8 Wrote:  
Sky News has pretty much been non-stop rolling news coverage of the London protest marches over the last three to four hours. A stark contrast to BBC News where, whenever I've turned over, it's pre-recorded packages

I used to dip in and out of the news channel through out the day but nowadays I find I’m doing this less and less and on the odd times I do I’m not staying long anymore.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Reith85, xlalonce

Lucy Hockings on again at the weekend this afternoon. I wonder if they’re trying to strengthen the weekends by bringing in the chiefs rather than the freelancers we’ve now become accustomed to. It’s not a bad idea, but then of course it means using the freelancers during the week to cover their usual shifts anyway.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Jeff, oscillon, Reith85

(11-11-2023, 08:29 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Lucy Hockings on again at the weekend this afternoon. I wonder if they’re trying to strengthen the weekends by bringing in the chiefs rather than the freelancers we’ve now become accustomed to. It’s not a bad idea, but then of course it means using the freelancers during the week to cover their usual shifts anyway.

This may be a minority opinion but I struggle to even tell who are the chiefs and who are the freelancers on the BBC News channel these days - but then I'm a domestic viewer in the UK where presenters such as Lucy Hockings are still relatively unfamiliar to me, at least. Almost 8 months on from this relaunch and I still see a merged channel that is struggling to settle and find some semblance of an identity. It doesn't help that - as I've expressed before on here - whenever you switch to it, it feels lacking in presentation and like you're only seconds away from another on-air mistake of some sort.

(11-11-2023, 09:43 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  This may be a minority opinion but I struggle to even tell who are the chiefs and who are the freelancers on the BBC News channel these days - but then I'm a domestic viewer in the UK where presenters such as Lucy Hockings are still relatively unfamiliar to me, at least. Almost 8 months on from this relaunch and I still see a merged channel that is struggling to settle and find some semblance of an identity. It doesn't help that - as I've expressed before on here - whenever you switch to it, it feels lacking in presentation and like you're only seconds away from another on-air mistake of some sort.
Yes it’s very irregular with which presenter you will get. If we say that 5am-12 week days and weekends aren’t covered by any official shifts/chief presenters, that leaves about 75 hours. If ‘the 5 ladies’ or others on the team did 3 hours on screen each over 5 days that would pretty much give you complete normal cover. That way free lancers wouldn’t be needed as much. I thought this merger would have given better consistency with shifts.
[-] The following 7 users Like Chud's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, BlightyExPat, callumwatchestelly, ilsondan15, Reith85, Rolling News

Oh dear me. Frank Gardner's microphone wasn't working properly when he was doing a live OB from Riaydh in Saudi Arabia.
[-] The following 5 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, Nobby, Reith85, Stuart

Looking at the TV schedules it appears this week neither BBC Two or the News Channel are showing a simulcast of Nicky Campbell. Is this a sign of the TV simulcast being completely axed? As far as I can see Nicky Campbell is on all this week on 5Live.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(13-11-2023, 10:19 AM)Keith Wrote:  Looking at the TV schedules it appears this week neither BBC Two or the News Channel are showing a simulcast of Nicky Campbell. Is this a sign of the TV simulcast being completely axed? As far as I can see Nicky Campbell is on all this week on 5Live.
No, they've been doing for this for a few weeks due to Gaza - it's being dropped one week at a time.

Bbc news uk feed has so few resources its either an OB or that balcony studio, dosent even have access to studio E it’s now former home.
[-] The following 8 users Like harshy's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Radio_man, UTVLifer

Katya Adler is presenting the One O'Clock News for the first time today.
[-] The following 8 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News, UTVLifer