BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(13-11-2023, 06:51 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Is the U.K. opt out not able to run past 5:30pm? I noticed just now they cut an interview with a commentator short quite abruptly for no obvious reason other than just so they could rejoin the global feed for the 17:30 GMT news summary. Honestly it looked pretty poor and made no sense.

Yeah I saw that as well, the ending was a bit abrupt it’s almost like a contractual agreement that they have to show the last half hour of Verified Live, I think Rajini did a great job of presenting from location.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Rolling News

Is Maryam Moshiri still the "main presenter" of The Daily Global after Yalda Hakim left?
www.bbc.com 

A huge pet peeve of mine is that she rarely appears on her own programme, but she often covers for other programmes on the same day - including News Now, Verified Live, BBC News at One, The Context... She just never appears regularly on her own programme which is a bit bizarre to me!

Today is another example, Rajini Vaidyanathan covered for Maryam in The Daily Global, who was covering for Matthew Amroliwala in Verified Live an hour earlier! Whoever is assigning these shifts... I have no idea what they're thinking...
[-] The following 10 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Jeff, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I was wondering about that too. My feeling is that they reversed that rushed decision.

Matthew has been in his slot most constantly, from the start. I can't watch Lucy's so I don't know about her.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(14-11-2023, 07:29 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I was wondering about that too. My feeling is that they reversed that rushed decision.

Then again i saw a tweet a few weeks ago saying it wasn't starting til late November.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like News76's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon

BBC News had to apologize today after a live blooper on Newsday when quoting Reuters

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(14-11-2023, 08:09 PM)News76 Wrote:  Then again i saw a tweet a few weeks ago saying it wasn't starting til late November.

twitter.com 

Another new show?

Just managed to capture yet another cock-up on the UK feed...

The folks at the gallery accidentally played out the rehearsal edition of Sportsday at 0245. By the time they recognized it, they cut straight to the weather, and then re-started with the correct edition.

There's no breakdown slide, no stand-by presenter popping up apologizing and filling time like back in the pre-merger days... It's as if like they pretended nothing went wrong and things are as usual...

www.youtube.com 

For those wondering, the world feed has the correct edition up. The automated playout systems at Red Bee pres have always been reliable and smooth as always.
[-] The following 9 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, ilsondan15, LDN, London Lite, Quantum+83

I do wonder about the overnights. Presumably someone in NBH runs a gallery which plays out the UK feed the whole time, whereas Washington goes straight to Red Bee for everybody else?

Or does all of it go via NBH still?
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

(16-11-2023, 05:35 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  I do wonder about the overnights. Presumably someone in NBH runs a gallery which plays out the UK feed the whole time, whereas Washington goes straight to Red Bee for everybody else?

Or does all of it go via NBH still?

My impression is that 2300, 0000 is still staffed by a full gallery team at NBH's Studio C, producing graphics and everything else for Newsday in Singapore. The only thing coming out from Singapore is an OS feed of the studio cameras. 

0100's edition of Newsday is produced by Singapore (for pilot purposes?) and there's only one staff at NBH gallery generating the flipper for both UK and World feed because Singapore's systems are unable to generate it (hence for World feed, the TX routing would be Singapore -> NBH Studio C -> Red Bee Pres)

twitter.com 

Based on this tweet below, I'm not sure if the Washington overnight bulletins (0200-0500) is still being produced from London or is now originating completely from Washington (including graphics, flipper) when WNA's new graphics launched a few weeks ago... In the latter case, there probably will only be 1 staff in the NBH gallery relaying the Washington feed for the UK feed, while Red Bee takes Washington's feed directly. Nevertheless, it will eventually originate completely from Washington (for the World feed).

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221