BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-12-2023, 02:19 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I guess this year will be the first Christmas since 2013 they won’t be putting a tree up in the newsroom. Considering E is now only used for 5 short bulletins at the weekend and the World feed still use it when C is unavailable.

What makes you think that? Why wouldn’t they be having a tree in the newsroom?

(03-12-2023, 05:11 PM)all new phil Wrote:  What makes you think that? Why wouldn’t they be having a tree in the newsroom?

Maybe I didn’t phrase that well. They’re likely to have a tree in the newsroom for the staff who work in the building (goodness knows they deserve to have a good festive season and break after the year they’ve had). I just meant they won’t be so quick to put it in a prominent view from studio E (or maybe they will, what would I know).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • Superman1986

(03-12-2023, 05:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Maybe I didn’t phrase that well. They’re likely to have a tree in the newsroom for the staff who work in the building (goodness knows they deserve to have a good festive season and break after the year they’ve had). I just meant they won’t be so quick to put it in a prominent view from studio E (or maybe they will, what would I know).

Can’t remember what happened last year but won’t the Christmas Day and Boxing Day updates come from E? They tend to be some of the highest rated programmes so I’d imagine they would want some sort of festive look. So might as well put them where they have always been.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Rolling News, Stuart

I'm sure Boxing Day came from B last year

Well... you haven't seen the standardised regional Christmas trees yet! Perhaps one may appear in B too.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Re: Christmas trees in the newsroom
x.com 

Is this the second year in that they’ve been in B? I seems to have lost track of time again.  Where was the tree last time? Can’t think of anywhere it could be put without it looking like it’s been wedged in somewhere. 

What could look really good could if they made a feature or the staircase with a garland with red and gold baubles and the same going round the upper level. Would mean you wouldn’t be trying if to fit something extra in and would be making use of some of the set. If done tastefully it could look more impressive than a tree 

Having said that, the big tree always looks good in the newsroom. I did love the Christmas where they were dancing round the tree or giving presents when the trundle cam passed.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 3 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(03-12-2023, 11:20 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  Is this the second year in that they’ve been in B? 

Just checked and they moved into B in June 2022 surprisingly. Time flies!

Here's how it looked with the tree last Christmas:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Capture by PATV Scunthorpe. More images here:
pres.cafe 

(03-12-2023, 07:51 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Well... you haven't seen the standardised regional Christmas trees yet! Perhaps one may appear in B too.

twitter.com 

If I've read the barcode correctly, it's this tree:

www.christmastreeworld.co.uk 

Nah, that’s clearly a toilet brush.