BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Azadeh did the earlier opt too.

Good to see them not dumping the other stories of the day when in opt mode, hopefully they are now getting the hang of things more. As I say, the opt earlier was not quick “slick” but certainly better than things have been.

Also, I feel I must say, I can’t now edit it but the ubiquitous phrase is, of course, “You’re watching BBC News”, not your. Oops, a typo!
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

The new BBC News Countdown has been leaked:

twitter.com 

I wonder if BBC News will get a new title sequence and music in time for the general election?

the plans around them completing the whole rebrand have gone quiet in recent months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConorW2000's post:
  • xlalonce

I am sorry but this Outside Broadcast on Gaynor Lord at 1430 is really really annoying me. (Prepare for a rant!)

First, I have never understood why the local team here could not report on it. Surely the reasons of having teams based across the UK is that they are able to report on events on their patch. At a time that the bbc is making huge cuts across news, how can it justify wasting money on paying a reporter to travel to Norfolk, accommodation and other expenses when they have a great team in Norwich. A local team know the area better.

Secondly, you’d have honestly thought that everyone in Norwich knows each other. Some of the discussions between them honestly ridiculous. Comments like “everyone knows everyone in Norwich” - no they don’t. “One person said she had a friend who has Gaynor as a fiend on Facebook, that’s common round here.” - I mean where to even start. Surely that’s common everywhere. “These are streets that people round here know.” - whod have thought it.

I want the facts of the story, not this waffle that adds nothing to the story.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 7 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Omnipresent, Stuart

I am inclined to agree to an extent, normally there will be a news correspondent based in the particular region the event is in they can use and they will use their own equipment or local resources for an OB.

I have to be honest, I don't see someone being found dead after a few days in a river as news - but that's just me, and I mean no disrespect by that.

I'd suggest the early reports of 'no third party' involvement suggests misadventure or suicide, not an unlawful killing, and unfortunately both of these two events are commonplace. The issue is the media are trying to draw parallels with other cases. It's sad, don't get me wrong, but it's hardly 'national news' that someone has (again, speculating here) decided to complete suicide.

I'll give another example, a man was seen to enter a river in Shropshire last week - the police are trying to locate him, as he hasn't turned up anywhere and nor is there a body - no real national focus or traction on that story though.

I simply don't get the journalistic merit on reporting live for this sort of case on a national level.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mike's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, LargelyALurker, Pompeytv

Yes, it brings up that argument again of why one missing person is more important than another. Official stats show there are 20 reports to police forces every day of people going missing so why aren't they afforded the same level of coverage?
[-] The following 4 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Pompeytv

Because the news follow the public. They report on the stories that the public are talking about, and ultimately this one is.

(15-12-2023, 03:45 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The new BBC News Countdown has been leaked:

twitter.com 

Maryam confirms that’s real and not a deepfake:

x.com 

This definitely would have been leaked by an internal user - reckon I could guess who it was in one.
[-] The following 9 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, London Lite, SlimyTrain, Stockland Hillman, Stuart

(15-12-2023, 05:30 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Maryam confirms that’s real and not a deepfake:

x.com 

This definitely would have been leaked by an internal user - reckon I could guess who it was in one.

If its the producer I think it is leaking it.. I dont understand what they are trying to prove. Sticking your middle finger up 1 second before going to air is just not clever and shouldn't be encouraged even if it is 'staff having fun'.
[-] The following 8 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, JJJJ, Rxtx, UTVLifer

I think there is value in demonstrating that it was just banter with no malice behind it.