BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

We won’t see it on screen much, but the newsroom one looks nice too

x.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, lookoutwales, MLehon, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart, TVFan, UTVLifer

(18-12-2023, 05:34 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Interesting that they have a green tree, with the regions with Studio B inspired sets having white ones.

Here in the east we still have a green tree. Wondering if it’s because haven’t had the new set. Are any of the regions who are still waiting for a the new set still using green trees? I still can’t believe someone picked white tees

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • interestednovice

(19-12-2023, 07:09 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  Are any of the regions who are still waiting for a the new set still using green trees?

Looks like it. Apart from Spotlight which has a green tree AND a white tree. The green one looks significantly better.
[-] The following 3 users Like James's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, TJTSW

The quality of the guests on the News Channel is really going down hill

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

It's obviously meant to be for a silly segment for Christmas, nothing that needs reading into.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 10 users Like Josh's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bax, callumwatchestelly, EastCoast, Frances, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Reith85, SuperSajuuk

I'm sure he has been on before. Probably on Afternoon Live
[-] The following 1 user Likes woodnorton's post:
  • chrisherald

Yes, I think he might have been on Afternoon Live & 100 Days actually!

Indeed, Basil did join Simon McCoy in July 2018.

twitter.com 

Having watched today's interview, I have to say he was far better behaved than Christian Fraser's last pantomine guest two years ago...

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart, TVFan

Two failures at the end of today's Six. The wrong camera was used to end the programme so it panned across from Matt at the touchscreen for the weather to the central tower. We didn't see Sophie at the catwalk but did see the tower by the desk showing the London graphic.

At the start of BBC London News Asad Ahmed's microphone wasn't working and they were reliant on other mics instead.
[-] The following 2 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Slight wobble at the end of the Six today. BBC London also had sound issues at the start of their bulletin:
twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, thePineapple