BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-12-2023, 07:36 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Two failures at the end of today's Six. The wrong camera was used to end the programme so it panned across from Matt at the touchscreen for the weather to the central tower. We didn't see Sophie at the catwalk but did see the tower by the desk showing the London graphic.

At the start of BBC London News Asad Ahmed's microphone wasn't working and they were reliant on other mics instead.

With that combination, it sounds like an automation issue somewhere.

(21-12-2023, 07:39 PM)southern_boy Wrote:  With that combination, it sounds like an automation issue somewhere.

Perhaps the cameras getting into position for the start of BBC London which presumably usually happens under the cover of the London headlines once they are out of vision of their title sequence.

Looked to me like instead of the automation taking the wipe on the big screen for the celebrity squares, it went back a step by which time the cameras had begun to move for the London setup. One rogue command then screws up the entire sequence, joys of automation!
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • chrisherald

And here’s how it looked on BBC London

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, MLehon, oscillon, Otis Crump, Stuart

(17-12-2023, 08:36 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So E has been out of use all weekend to put up the Xmas tree in the newsroom, but presumably we'll only get a glimpse of it on BBC 1 bulletins next weekend and on Xmas Day?
I think B should have a tree from tomorrow.

In previous years wasn't the Xmas tree put up in the newsroom overnight whilst the NC & World came from C, or did the news channel and BBC 1 weekend bulletins decamp to the old studios B or D for a weekend?
Well, may be the reason we have not seen E last week wasn't the Christmas Tree - today's Lunchtime bulletin also came from B, not E, thus making it a second week in a row.

Might it be the case that E has at last gone for a long-awaited refurbishment?
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

(23-12-2023, 04:36 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Well, may be the reason we have not seen E last week wasn't the Christmas Tree - today's Lunchtime bulletin also came from B, not E, thus making it a second week in a row.

How typical though they wait until the Christmas trees have gone up in the newsroom and we don't get to actually see studio E at the time of year when it's at its best?
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer

(23-12-2023, 04:49 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  How typical though they wait until the Christmas trees have gone up in the newsroom and we don't get to actually see studio E at the time of year when it's at its best?

About right, but then I suspect the tree isn't for the viewer's benefit, it's a working building remember and can be seen from the street and reception area, so I suspect it's for passersby's benefit too.
[-] The following 8 users Like Mike's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, rkolsen, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(23-12-2023, 04:36 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Well, may be the reason we have not seen E last week wasn't the Christmas Tree - today's Lunchtime bulletin also came from B, not E, thus making it a second week in a row.

Hope so, I’m intrigued what they will do with it. Smaller version of B or something similar just newer tech?

Do they even need E now - surely B, C and D are sufficient? Is A still used as a backup?

(23-12-2023, 08:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do they even need E now - surely B, C and D are sufficient? Is A still used as a backup?

Not hear anything about A for months. Apart from J seems to be renamed A. So maybe A has closed down? Hopefully they will move into E full time instead of using C. Or ideally use one of the studios for the UK opt but I know that’s dreaming.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald