BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(10-01-2024, 08:05 PM)harryb Wrote:  Minor change to the screens at the top of the studio on the 'balcony'I noticed this week, some fake double doors with circular windows... not sure of its reasoning...

Here’s a closer shot of the doors…

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Following the substantial increase in public interest in the Post Office scandal due to the ITV drama "Mr Bates vs The Post Office", I wonder if the News Channel will run dedicated UK coverage of the public inquiry when it resumes?
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(10-01-2024, 08:05 PM)harryb Wrote:  Minor change to the screens at the top of the studio on the 'balcony'I noticed this week, some fake double doors with circular windows... not sure of its reasoning...
That's just a replication of the fake doors and 'on air' sign on the screens at the top of the stairs to nowhere.

Either it's just a mistaken ordering/duplication of the images, or they are trying to fill what was previously a bland area on that wall.

(10-01-2024, 11:33 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  Oh dear, I really hoped his radio show had been dropped. Very poor that the BBC are persisting with it.
I'd expect it'll continue (on and off) until at least April when the BBC's next financial year begins. It's already been budgeted and paid for, so not showing any of it is probably deemed a bit wasteful.

Arguably though retaining it for BBC Two only between 9am and 11am wouldn't be a bad idea, with the News Channel carrying Breakfast until 9.30am. Give non-UK viewers a pre-recorded half-hour programme on the News Channel at 9.30am and 10.30am, and UK viewers could then have UK focused news stories during this time on the News Channel.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

This is before:
up.metropol247.co.uk 

And after:
up.metropol247.co.uk 

It seems to me they've used the same image as what's on the upper centre wall which also has doors. Has the 'B' also gone? I can't seem to see it

(10-01-2024, 11:35 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Following the substantial increase in public interest in the Post Office scandal due to the ITV drama "Mr Bates vs The Post Office", I wonder if the News Channel will run dedicated UK coverage of the public inquiry when it resumes?

There has been live coverage this morning.

(11-01-2024, 08:02 AM)Stuart Wrote:  That's just a replication of the fake doors and 'on air' sign on the screens at the top of the stairs to nowhere.

Either it's just a mistaken ordering/duplication of the images, or they are trying to fill what was previously a bland area on that wall.

Yeah, looks like an error to me.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

An update on the famous five - they've essentially been told to reapply again for 2 jobs - one replacing Yalda Hakim and another newly created chief presenter role.

deadline.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Well, that's not a bad decision IMO. Adding another chief presenter role is a good move. So 2 of them can get those roles while the other 3 can continue as presenter/reporter.

I wonder, since they are still employed and fully payed, do they still show up at BBC HQ everyday, just like when they were presenting?
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

Congratulations to Nancy Kacungira

x.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, ginnyfan, harshy, London Lite, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer