BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(28-01-2024, 02:03 PM)James Wrote:  Today's weekend lunchtime news back in Studio B. Expect D was used yesterday due to maintenance/technical reasons.

Although, Studio D is perfect for the short bulletins - where B feels a bit overkill.

Correct.

x.com 

Also agree D would be better for the short weekend bulletins.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, James, Quantum+83

No headline sequence for tonight's evening news, just straight into the titles then to the top story. Presumably this was because the bulletin is a bit short.
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Superman1986

Some sort of breakdown right now, played a filler for about 3 minutes and now it's playing a recorded programme
[-] The following 2 users Like arbrax's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(31-01-2024, 08:07 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Seems to be technical issues on the NC at the moment. Filler countdown played on a loop for nearly 4 minutes from the top of the 7pm hour now we’re getting a repeat of the BBC News at Six.

Looks like the World feed is getting a repeat of 6pm Daily Global. Wonder why the UK feed went its own way and repeated the beginning of the Six...

At approx. 10 minutes past the hour live feed resumed on both UK and global feeds.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(31-01-2024, 08:13 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Looks like the World feed is getting a repeat of 6pm Daily Global. Wonder why the UK feed went its own way and repeated the beginning of the Six...

At approx. 10 minutes past the hour live feed resumed on both UK and global feeds.

Did the World feed get nearly 4 minutes of filler countdown?

(31-01-2024, 08:16 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Did the World feed get nearly 4 minutes of filler countdown?

Oh, I don't know that, missed TOTH there and joined when repeats were on both feeds...
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • Rolling News

Looks as though the Daily Global will be no more some time in February. They're changing it to The World Today with Maryam Moshiri. Plus they're getting new titles. So the Daily Global titles must be the shortest lived titles.

I do wonder whether 'new titles' mean they'll change the text from Daily Global to World Today. Trying not to get my hopes up. And I'm hoping that we'll see some difference editorially and presentation wise with this new show. Maryam has mentioned on twitter that they're currently working on the new show a lot. If there's barely any change does make me wonder what they're doing.

Plus does this mean they didn't work on anything for the Daily Global?
[-] The following 12 users Like Rhys j's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

(31-01-2024, 10:59 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  Looks as though the Daily Global will be no more some time in February. They're changing it to The World Today with Maryam Moshiri. Plus they're getting new titles. So the Daily Global titles must be the shortest lived titles.

I do wonder whether 'new titles' mean they'll change the text from Daily Global to World Today. Trying not to get my hopes up. And I'm hoping that we'll see some difference editorially and presentation wise with this new show. Maryam has mentioned on twitter that they're currently working on the new show a lot. If there's barely any change does make me wonder what they're doing.

Plus does this mean they didn't work on anything for the Daily Global?

It literally could be just changing the text, the days when they put some serious effort into the programme presentation was when it was BBC World News, now we will be lucky to get any decent elements out of it.
[-] The following 8 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

(01-02-2024, 12:47 AM)harshy Wrote:  It literally could be just changing the text, the days when they put some serious effort into the programme presentation was when it was BBC World News, now we will be lucky to get any decent elements out of it.

You just know it's going to be another hour or two of the same old BBC News reports with a PowerPoint blood red title sequence - it's certainly not going to be a branded programme with journalism that is distinctive from other BBC News hours on the channel.

I’m happy to be pleasantly surprised, but given recent branding efforts I will be surprised if it’s distinctive.

Rehearsals don’t particularly mean anything branding-wise. They could be more about trialling new segment ideas, etc, to see how they work.

The launch of the new channel involved a month of trials, remember, but on day one very little was different apart from the newsroom screens area.
[-] The following 5 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, fatal paper cut, harshy, Rolling News, UTVLifer