BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Three new chief presenters have been appointed for the news channel - Annita McVeigh, Ben Brown, and Geeta Guru-Murthy

x.com 

www.bbc.co.uk 

You may all be interested in this ...

(01-02-2024, 06:53 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Three new chief presenters have been appointed for the news channel - Annita McVeigh, Ben Brown, and Geeta Guru-Murthy

x.com 

That’s great news. It’ll be a big boost to the channel to have them back. Hopefully the other missing presenters will return also.
[-] The following 13 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, harshy, interestednovice, Jeff, News76, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Ben Brown has surprised me. I thought he had been assigned to network. Unless he’s decided to go to the news channel and someone else is replacing him. I can’t imagine network being over numbers. I’m hoping the 9-12 slot will get some regular faces now.
[-] The following 7 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, TVfan23, UTVLifer

(01-02-2024, 07:16 PM)Chud Wrote:  Ben Brown has surprised me. I thought he had been assigned to network. Unless he’s decided to go to the news channel and someone else is replacing him. I can’t imagine network being over numbers. I’m hoping the 9-12 slot will get some regular faces now.

The article says Ben will continue to share his presenting duties with the News at One (which I’m assuming wont be for long since the One is moving to Salford at some point).
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, News76, Reith85, UTVLifer

Finally some movement! They must be more Chief Presenter roles going then we thought since Ben Brown has got a role-2 down, 3 to go (since i'm sure Martine, Kasia and Karin will all be back in some form

(01-02-2024, 07:24 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  The article says Ben will continue to share his presenting duties with the News at One (which I’m assuming wont be for long since the One is moving to Salford at some point).

Yes I’m just surprised he’s not needed for all his shifts considering they have had to use Maryam, Tina etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chud's post:
  • Rolling News

(01-02-2024, 07:51 PM)Chud Wrote:  Yes I’m just surprised he’s not needed for all his shifts considering they have had to use Maryam, Tina etc.

I've always taken Tina to be part of the network team on the same way Mishal is.

Perhaps Ben is going to negate the use of Maryam on network.

That's encouraging news, but still sad that Martine Croxall remains off air.

(01-02-2024, 08:16 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  That's encouraging news, but still sad that Martine Croxall remains off air.

Question is what happens now to Martine and Karin Giannone who also missed out.

This whole process will be used as a case study in future years on how not to run an HE exercise: vast sums of licence fee money spent on presenters left on the bench for months on end while simultaneously building a large vat of ill will. The fact the press release needed to include the words “These appointments were made in accordance with the BBC’s HR procedures” shows how utterly bonkers this all was.

Well done everyone.