BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I think I remember on the correspondents' look ahead to 2024 on Radio 4 Jonny Dymond called Lyse the 'Senior International Correspondent' which she lightly corrected with a joke.
This didn't happen with Nuala McGovern on the WS edition, although I daresay there's less room for jollity on there...

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 2 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

The difference between Jane Hill on the 6 tonight and Clive Myrie’s attempts during the queens death yet again shows that Jane is a much stronger breaking news presenter and that she would be a much better choice to replace Huw as lead presenter during breaking news.
[-] The following 6 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, Moz, Rolling News

BBC again have sent a push notification just now which is not breaking news at all
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-02-2024, 10:04 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  BBC again have sent a push notification just now which is not breaking news at all

They often send pushes every week for reporter opinion stories

Stuff like “Is this the toughest week the Prime Minster has faced, explains Chris Mason”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • interestednovice

Interestingly, during the 5am hour this morning, Sally did a pre-recorded interview which appeared to be recorded from the balcony set (or possibly another multimedia area in NBH but using the balcony opt background). It worked quite well because, presuming it was recorded overnight, since NBH was so empty the usual sound issues weren’t there.

Good to see flexible use of spaces around NBH from the BBC. Well done!

For those curious to see, you can see it on World Business Report on iPlayer about 12 minutes in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald

Going back to the studios I wonder if there's any possibility long term once E is operational again that either A or C might get refitted for World Service multipurpose use, similar to what Studios L and K are currently used for.

From what I've read at least L has a low grid due to being converted office space, and neither L or K have (studio) walls. Presumably at some point L and K will also require upgrading, and I imagine that moving into a vacant studio space would benefit those using the studio, as well as those having to work near L & K.

Arguably if vacated L or K could then be refitted for 'visualised podcast/radio' productions. That might be useful given that nearby Wogan House has or very soon will be vacated, as well as the BBC's recent cost-cutting radio/TV simulcast attempts.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Jayesyn, xlalonce

(05-02-2024, 10:04 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  BBC again have sent a push notification just now which is not breaking news at all
It is genuinely frustrating, because a BBC push notification should be a useful public service tool, but they seem determined to irritate everybody into turning it off. While the comment pieces by Mason or Kuennssberg might be the most egregious abuses of it, it's the frequency of low-level stories that is the bigger problem. It should be one or two times a day most; if a story wouldn't lead a network news bulletin, it isn't push noteworthy.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, chrisherald, leewilliams, Will

(06-02-2024, 04:50 PM)DTV Wrote:  It is genuinely frustrating, because a BBC push notification should be a useful public service tool, but they seem determined to irritate everybody into turning it off. While the comment pieces by Mason or Kuennssberg might be the most egregious abuses of it, it's the frequency of low-level stories that is the bigger problem. It should be one or two times a day most; if a story wouldn't lead a network news bulletin, it isn't push noteworthy.

At the risk of deviating from Presentation discussion, on an Android device you can choose to enable/disable the following different notification 'types': Breaking News, Audio Playback and Top Stories. Looking back through the notifications I have received over the past 24 hours, selecting 'Breaking News' would appear to weed out those 'low-level stories' that you say you are are frustrated by. Hope that helps?
[-] The following 2 users Like Apples's post:
  • Bungo Bill, SlimyTrain

As far as I'm aware (I certainly don't have it on mine!), that's not an option on iOS

A push has just come though “No plans for Prince Harry to visit his brother whilst in London, the BBC understands”

Is that really BBC push worthy, it sounds like trashy tabloid tittle tattle to me
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald, Nige, strollfan, Stuart, UTVLifer