BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

By the looks and sounds of it, 8pm edition of BBC News with Azadeh Moshiri came from the balcony, not Studio C, and it does not appear to be an opt out (Azadeh was on air all evening).

At 9pm it was back in Studio C.

Not sure if World feed has previously shown balcony studio presenting post-relaunch.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

I don't know if this is just me on iPlayer, but does anyone else see the white border around the screen?
[-] The following 3 users Like arbrax's post:
  • harryb, interestednovice, Rolling News

(10-02-2024, 06:48 PM)DrewF Wrote:  Some different faces tonight - Luxmy Gopal presenting the evening/late news and Christopher Blancett of BBC Scotland presenting the national weather forecast.

There'll be a fair bit of this over the coming week as it's half-term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • interestednovice

Interested to see Karin Giannone’s twitter/X bio refers to her as ‘BBC News chief presenter’. I’m fairly confident that’s a recent change?

(11-02-2024, 12:50 AM)House Wrote:  Interested to see Karin Giannone’s twitter/X bio refers to her as ‘BBC News chief presenter’. I’m fairly confident that’s a recent change?

That bit hasn't changed, it's said that since before the merger
[-] The following 2 users Like bob's post:
  • House, interestednovice

(10-02-2024, 06:56 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I live in the East Midlands region and noticed in between the end of the local bulletin and the start of the National weather forecast it very briefly cut to the News Channel feed. Did this happen anywhere else?

Yes, same in Scotland, maybe for around a second or less.
[-] The following 3 users Like LargelyALurker's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Rolling News

(10-02-2024, 11:09 PM)oscillon Wrote:  By the looks and sounds of it, 8pm edition of BBC News with Azadeh Moshiri came from the balcony, not Studio C, and it does not appear to be an opt out (Azadeh was on air all evening).

At 9pm it was back in Studio C.

Not sure if World feed has previously shown balcony studio presenting post-relaunch.

Apparantly Studio C had a rather significant breakdown at around 1826 yesterday.

For anyone who missed it, here's a summary of what's happened last night in the UK feed:

- At around 1822, a live OB froze in the middle of a live interview from Chinatown, London. For some reason, the director failed to cut back to the presenter and proceed with the running order...

The flipper continued to roll. The live strap and lower thirds were retracted 2 minutes later. The live OB froze for like 2 minutes.

- At around 1824, the UK feed switched TX (I presume Gallery A?) and went to a recording of the previous hour, including weather and promos.

- At around 1834, the UK feed crashed out of the recorded bulletin and went straight to Salford for what I presume a live edition of Sportsday.

There was zero acknowledgement on the technical issues from the sport presenter, in usual BBC fashion nowadays - as if nothing had happened. There was no flipper during that entire edition of Sportsday.

www.youtube.com 

- At 1900, regular service resumed with the bulletin coming out of the Studio J/Gallery A. Again, zero acknowledgement on the technical issues from the presenter as if nothing had happened...

www.youtube.com 

===

Anyone got a clue on the World feed when the breakdown happened? I feel like Red Bee pres would've taken over output quicker than the folks at NBH... Perhaps there might be a breakdown slate in the new fancy Chameleon style? (see yellow circle below) Shy
i.gyazo.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 15 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, fatal paper cut, LDN, Michael Wotton, Nobby, oscillon, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Rolling News, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I can't see anything scheduled for the by-elections on Thursday night?

Newscast and a Michael McIntyre repeat on BBC One, and the usual Newsday on the News Channel is what is scheduled on the BBC website.

www.bbc.co.uk 

The only programming in the schedule covering the by-elections is a Politics Live special on Friday at 12:15pm.

When overnights came from London by-election results were usually covered live for UK and World viewers, but if there's no Politics Live team covering it for BBC 1, it's entirely feasible that there won't be any on-air coverage until 5am, or most likely Breakfast at 6am, aside from an update on the ticker.
An overnight UK opt produced by the NC during half term might not be seen as worth the expense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • chrisherald

Particularly for two by-elections which aren't expected to be close.
[-] The following 2 users Like steve's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer