BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

BBC Verify sting appeared - didn't expect that

[-] The following 8 users Like arbrax's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85, thePineapple, UTVLifer, xlalonce

What's the pacing/story density been like - a good fast-paced bulletin a la World News Today (i.e., about 8-10 stories per half-hour, no more than a few minutes on each) or a more contemporary drudge fest (multiple stories getting more than 5 mins, only about four stories in any detail per half-hour, talking heads for all)?

Broadly, the branding is alright (I can think of at least ten worse title sequences from BBC News, even pre-merger) and some of the presentation changes suggest we might finally be heading somewhere interesting, after a year.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, xlalonce

(21-02-2024, 07:35 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  My God, it's the early morning BBC World music theme. I never thought I would hear that wonderful sound again. Keep expecting for Martine Dennis to appear. Exclamation

It's back to the future indeed...

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

(21-02-2024, 08:57 PM)DTV Wrote:  What's the pacing/story density been like?

It's been hard to tell because scenes from the House of Commons have altered the planned running order quite significantly. From the bits of actual programming, I personally didn't notice anything different to normal about the pacing, but there seems to be more of a focus on lives with (foreign) correspondents - it seems to me like any other hour just with a global slant and higher production value.
[-] The following 4 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • chrisherald, DTV, interestednovice, UTVLifer

I'm repeating myself, but it's feels so surreal to hear that theme and that iconic sound on TV again. After all the misery of the last year or so, BBC News does something totally right and totally unexpected! Heart

Now I wish every branded show was an update of the earlier theme/era so this could be known as the eras era of BBC News. Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • ACTV, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, harshy, interestednovice, Quantum+83

The half past open sting sounds pretty much the same as the original one.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

I love the music it’s absolutely brilliant sure the titles are a bit meh I like this though this is so much better, that theme tune just wins it for me, they’ve done a lovely job with it.
[-] The following 6 users Like harshy's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, thePineapple

All we need is for Sally Bundock to do a cover shift and I can truly convince myself the last 22 years have just been some horrible nightmare and it’s really 5:30am on a random day in 2002.
[-] The following 14 users Like sigma421's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, Frances, ginnyfan, harshy, interestednovice, kookaburra, LDN, Quantum+83, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

….. the music for this show is not that dissimilar to the core bbc news music? You’d think this was some new masterpiece? Or is it just me?

^^^^ Not likely to happen since Sally NEVER steps outside her shift. But, we could easily get Tanya Beckett filling in for Maryam and that would be a total deja vu as well.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, BlightyExPat, interestednovice, oscillon, Rolling News, UTVLifer