BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I thought that they were using the newsroom backdrop for Nicky Campbell now, not the 5 Live one.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Have seen photos of the updated Studio E and all that I can see has changed is a new large portrait screen (I wouldn’t call it a tower screen as it’s not the thick monolithic types like in Studio B and the Breakfast studio - instead just a thin screen which doesn’t look like it reaches the floor).

The catwalk and everything else looks the same.

Apparently the vision mixer and surrounding systems have been rebuilt.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 10 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Juicy Joe, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

(12-03-2024, 10:57 AM)Moz Wrote:  Have seen photos of the updated Studio E and all that I can see has changed is a new large portrait screen (I wouldn’t call it a tower screen as it’s not the thick monolithic types like in Studio B and the Breakfast studio - instead just a thin screen which doesn’t look like it reaches the floor).

The catwalk and everything else looks the same.

Apparently the vision mixer and surrounding systems have been rebuilt.
I don't suppose you (or someone else) are able to share the photos? I was under the impression that the catwalk might have had some new screens, as from memory the previous ones were plasmas which I thought would be nearing end of life by now.

I'm guessing it might not be a traditional tower due to the lower ceiling height in E. Also, if positioned to the right of the presenter they'll almost always be sitting down, so the full height wouldn't be seen often, making it harder to justify the cost. It would be nice if that could be used instead of some of the split screens they've been doing since the merger.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

(12-03-2024, 10:57 AM)Moz Wrote:  instead just a thin screen which doesn’t look like it reaches the floor).

I really hope it isn't like the god awful ones that Sky News are using in Westminster, Yalda studio and on the overnights Confused

I know this under the Newsround banner, but a bit concerning that this type of clickbait fodder has reached the BBC News website/app.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald, what

At least it doesn't call the shows cancelled like those kind of articles often do.
[-] The following 7 users Like JAS84's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, Happy2001, Johnnie, MLehon, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(12-03-2024, 01:16 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  At least it doesn't call the shows cancelled like those kind of articles often do.

"In a major schedule shake-up" Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, RhysJR, Stuart

This is of interesting note, in the US, Pluto TV has added a BBC News Channel that seems to just be the BBC News (World Feed) simulcasting. Thought it would be like CNN's FAST channel, not just the channel for free, interesting move.
[-] The following 3 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon

(12-03-2024, 07:26 PM)sky303 Wrote:  This is of interesting note, in the US, Pluto TV has added a BBC News Channel that seems to just be the BBC News (World Feed) simulcasting. Thought it would be like CNN's FAST channel, not just the channel for free, interesting move.

Yes! Just tried it with my Pluto TV app and it's showing The Context, channel named BBC News. Here's a link I found on Cord Cutters. I thought we already had the other channels they mention, but maybe it was on a different platform.

cordcuttersnews.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like CNN1992's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, sky303

No sound at the start of the 10 tonight

(12-03-2024, 11:01 PM)Mjb Wrote:  No sound at the start of the 10 tonight

Plus regional sound over Newsnight intro on the news channel