BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(16-03-2024, 11:46 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The late afternoon and late BBC One bulletins were presented by Jane Hill from Cardiff today. This of course was due to the election of Vaughan Gething as the new Welsh Labour leader and probable First Minister.

Sadly, Jane and Chris Mason were in the dark corridor next to the big screen, rather than in any of the TV studios.

With the only Wales Today bulletin was short, and there was an ample gap between BBC News and Newyddion airing, that they couldn't use the Wales Today and Newyddion studio rather than the corridor.

The lunchtime was presented from Cardiff as well, Jane did all three network bullitens today.
[-] The following 5 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, MLehon, RhysJR, Rolling News

(16-03-2024, 11:46 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The late afternoon and late BBC One bulletins were presented by Jane Hill from Cardiff today. This of course was due to the election of Vaughan Gething as the new Welsh Labour leader and probable First Minister.

Sadly, Jane and Chris Mason were in the dark corridor next to the big screen, rather than in any of the TV studios.

With the only Wales Today bulletin was short, and there was an ample gap between BBC News and Newyddion airing, that they couldn't use the Wales Today and Newyddion studio rather than the corridor.

It’s hardly a corridor. It’s an atrium if anything, and looks bloody amazing on screen. MUCH nicer than the studio.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 7 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, London Lite, PJamo, Stuart

(17-03-2024, 12:14 AM)Moz Wrote:  It’s hardly a corridor. It’s an atrium if anything, and looks bloody amazing on screen. MUCH nicer than the studio.
I'm always thinking that more news sets should be massive, near-colourless voids with no meaingful nods to any kind of branding and contain no furnishings but a self-consciously 'funky'-shaped LED videowall that is so large and positioned in such a way relative to the presenter that the only potential shots are both far too wide and awkwardly angled.

That said, the main Wales Today studio is one of the worst lit TV sets I have ever seen - the newsroom view genuinely dreadful. So, for me, a real lose-lose situation.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • chaose, chrisherald, Critique, James, Spencer, UTVLifer

(17-03-2024, 01:06 AM)DTV Wrote:  That said, the main Wales Today studio is one of the worst lit TV sets I have ever seen - the newsroom view genuinely dreadful. So, for me, a real lose-lose situation.

You didn't see the previous Look North Leeds effort?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chrisherald, Spencer

Welcome back to the show, Annita!

x.com 

(18-03-2024, 09:00 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Welcome back to the show, Annita!

x.com 

Yep, she's back. Now to sort out the other four...
[-] The following 14 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, bkman1990, janewaysbun, London Lite, MLehon, News76, Nige, oscillon, Reith85, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Wow, one of the notorious 5 is actually on air again. A bit of a historic moment after all the drama....

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 15 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, News76, Nige, oscillon, Reith85, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(18-03-2024, 01:40 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Wow, one of the notorious 5 is actually on air again. A bit of a historic moment after all the drama....

i.postimg.cc 

Hard to believe it’s her first time back on air in just shy of a year. She’s slotted back in like shes never been away.
[-] The following 10 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, bkman1990, London Lite, News76, Nige, oscillon, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

(18-03-2024, 01:03 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Yep, she's back. Now to sort out the other four...

Well we know Geeta Guru-Murthy is also returning imminently.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Nige

I know it’s rare for online graphics to make their way to broadcast graphics, but I love the red blocks style of straps used on these reports…

Estonian prime minister says Putin is "afraid" of war with Nato www.bbc.co.uk 

'I needed treatment for trauma after writing book' - Earl Spencer www.bbc.co.uk 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Reith85, RhysJR