BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(26-04-2024, 11:30 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Maryam tweeted she thinks they will be in E by the end of the first week in May - so potentially within the next fortnight?
Given the new programmes are first listed on Tuesday 7th, suggests something of mini-relaunch around then (not that I'm getting any hopes up for a significant improvement in the channel).
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, Rolling News, TJTSW

Martine back where she belongs!

x.com 

The most baffling part of the now-deleted TikTok was the first catwalk plasma (furthest from the newsroom) still appears to be broken?! Surely if you were going to spend money, you’d get that replaced (unless further changes are planned further down the line and this setup is only temporary)?

(26-04-2024, 03:53 PM)House Wrote:  The most baffling part of the now-deleted TikTok was the first catwalk plasma (furthest from the newsroom) still appears to be broken?! Surely if you were going to spend money, you’d get that replaced (unless further changes are planned further down the line and this setup is only temporary)?

I don’t think it was broken, it’s just often turned off when it’s not supposed to be on screen so that you don’t get the reflection of it behind the presenter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Critique's post:
  • Jayesyn, oscillon

(26-04-2024, 03:55 PM)Critique Wrote:  I don’t think it was broken, it’s just often turned off when it’s not supposed to be on screen so that you don’t get the reflection of it behind the presenter.

Ah I see. I seemed to recall when they were last in E they were only able to show 2 of the 3 catwalk screens, but maybe I’m misremembering.

(26-04-2024, 03:43 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Martine back where she belongs!

x.com 

Really do hope that screen (it’s hardly the towers of the other studios) *is* mounted on the tracks as someone suggested and that it can move to provide more flexibility. Would be a great idea.

Would be even better if they had more than one which they could move in and out of shot depending on if it’s needed or not.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • chrisherald

I've been lurking in this thread for a while. Are we to presume that the channel will finally be making use of a full studio again when back in E, rather than mundane just one locked on camera head shot of the presenter that they've been using since April last year?

It will be a massive waste of money if they've revamped E with new screens and a tower, yet you only get to see them from r a few seconds with the wide opening and occasionally closing shots of bulletins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • chrisherald

Interesting that they appear to have gone with a vertical LCD panel rather than an LED monolith like others. Presumably there were logistical constraints in there?

It looks perfectly fine to my eyes, but it is surreal to think that the English Regions now have superior LED setups to Studio E Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald

And one of Martine's replies to her tweet says she'll be back on air from 22nd May
x.com 

Martine's tweet has been deleted now! Somebody really doesn't like these studio shots getting out into the wild
[-] The following 7 users Like janewaysbun's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer