The BBC Chameleon Thread

(06-02-2023, 10:36 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes, so clunky.  Should have gone for "The Eurovision Song Contest - Liverpool 2023 Podcast".  Rolls off the tongue much easier.
If Microsoft made podcasts.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Brekkie, Ma76

Already posted in the BBC News thread by another member, but it fits here too twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like ATee's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, Ma76, nareik91, TVFan

(07-02-2023, 09:03 PM)ATee Wrote:  Already posted in the BBC News thread by another member, but it fits here too twitter.com 

YES! And I saw on Monday that Newsround’s homepage was updated to the Chameleon branding on the top of the page, while the old Newsround logo was still there.

And the new look Newsround is here, and it’s the smallest change I’ve ever seen. There is the new BBC logo, but only on the titles and on the end titles, and the CBBC logo was removed from the Newsround logo, leaving the Newsround part of the logo, just like 2014, but in a purple rectangle rather than a blue.

Here are the new titles, plus the start of the programme, to give you an idea of the look, which is mostly unchanged.
up.metropol247.co.uk 

I mean, he has told us about that...
twitter.com 

But I think the original sneak peek he shown is probably a sign of bigger things to come? For one, the purplish gradient won't be as prevalent as now?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(08-02-2023, 11:00 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Either you refresh the whole title sequence or you just don’t bother. One of the most pointless ‘rebrands’ I’ve seen in a long time.

I’m sorry but… erm… no. Updating the logo doesn’t mean they have to revamp the whole thing. This looks quite neat to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, Joe

All reminds me of this... youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • DeMarkay, Ma76

(08-02-2023, 06:16 PM)Worzel Wrote:  All reminds me of this... youtu.be 
I will never ever stop saying this, W1A has predicted the future
[-] The following 5 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, UTVLifer

Why does one end up thinking if certain cultural winds aren't against the BBC as a whole. Chameleon would have been implemented in full by now instead of it being just piece by piece.
[-] The following 3 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, insert_good_username_here