(18-10-2022, 01:03 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  @Newsroom is right, something is definitely up at CNN New York. Early Start and CNN Newsroom appear to have decamped from Studio 17N and are in front of a curved screen with virtual set extensions and Brian Stelter’s old Reliable Sources Daily desk. 

[Image: 9958DE4A-A32F-4940-875E-3D24EC1DE94B.png]
[Image: E3EBE895-63EA-4630-92CA-C189A52EB37F.png]
[Image: D3F324BF-B9E4-4985-9678-8EF65C5A2DD4.png]
[Image: DF5FC397-8C89-44F5-83F5-CDB1CEEFAC22.png]
[Image: 319E505B-5CAF-4738-84C7-08680899F028.png]
The shape of the desk works so much better, and is a lot closer to the original desk in the 5th Floor Newsroom set at Time Warner Center. No clue as to what studio they are in, if they’re working on Studio 17N, and if it’s temporary or permanent. Seems very odd to move shows from the smallest studio when you’re two weeks from launching a new morning show without a permanent set. Either way, I think it works and most viewers won’t notice.
Thanks for the caps! 

Reliable Sources always came from 17N and Steltar was positioned where Ana Cabrera is sat in the left hand corner in front of the curved screen.  I'm not so sure they have decamped to a VR studio, but a new desk may have been installed and raised slightly above Newsroom level as seen in the captures above. The desk works much better than the previous with deployable wings. Looks like another Clickspring product.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • EastCoast

Sorry, meant from his short lived show on CNN+, seen here:

www.newscaststudio.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • Newsroom

(18-10-2022, 09:59 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  Sorry, meant from his short lived show on CNN+, seen here:

www.newscaststudio.com 

Oh wow, I'd never seen that existed, probably to the channel's short lived existence.

They are still in 17L. Bianna Golodryga just opened Newsroom at 9am Eastern and appeared on the screens behind her as did the two ways she conducted, so it appears they've just changed the desk.

Wide shot here. Looks incredible now they've introduced that desk.

[Image: IMG_0159.jpg]

Looks so much better! Finally a proper desk without presenters' legs hanging out everywhere. Plus the newsroom looks somehow bigger and grander.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • Newsroom

NewscastStudio has caught on to the changes and has posted an extensive article here:

www.newscaststudio.com 

(20-10-2022, 02:30 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  NewscastStudio has caught on to the changes and has posted an extensive article here:

www.newscaststudio.com 
I’m not sold on the Newscast take on things. Sure enough Ana’s hour looks weird when compared to the other shows, but how do they explain the newsroom appearing as live in any other shots?

I guess we’ll have to see if anyone drops clues next week. I’m still somewhat baffled by what they’re up to.

In other news, CNN This Morning’s first promo was released today:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX, Newsroom, Talkover

(21-10-2022, 01:39 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  I guess we’ll have to see if anyone drops clues next week. I’m still somewhat baffled by what they’re up to.

In other news, CNN This Morning’s first promo was released today:

twitter.com 

That's a great teaser! I'm a big fan of the flat graphics if they are an indiction of branding.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • EastCoast, Talkover

Hello! New here, but a CNNi fan for some years. According to the schedule for next week, CNN This Morning will be simulcasted on CNNi. So, viewers in Asia will watch CNN Tonight on the morning hours and CNN This Morning in the evening hours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsfan22's post:
  • EastCoast

You and ginnyfan might get along! I remember them lamenting on one of the former forums that CNN Today and CNN Tonight were only separated by one hour on the CNNI schedule.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • ginnyfan, matthieu1221, Talkover