Gavin & Stacey to return again

(14-02-2024, 07:29 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’d probably be better for the BBC If they drag their feet and actually make it for Christmas 2025

With Wallace and Gromit already booked in for this year, you’d have two big hits in one year competing for attention, and then a very big challenge to try and match this for 2025

Think they only support each other and tick different boxes really.

And narratively this year would be an Essex Christmas rather than Barry Christmas - though they might opt for neutral territory instead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(14-02-2024, 10:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Think they only support each other and tick different boxes really.

And narratively this year would be an Essex Christmas rather than Barry Christmas - though they might opt for neutral territory instead.

I was thinking about this; they could just say they had a year off for COVID so that 2025 is an Essex Christmas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • Brekkie

(14-02-2024, 07:29 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’d probably be better for the BBC If they drag their feet and actually make it for Christmas 2025

With Wallace and Gromit already booked in for this year, you’d have two big hits in one year competing for attention, and then a very big challenge to try and match this for 2025

Heaven forbid we have 2 shows worth watching!
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Larry the Loafer, Nobby, stusoldvideo, UTVLifer

Now confirmed the "last ever" episode will air on Christmas Day.

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, Flux, Happy2001, iloveTV1, Nige, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(03-05-2024, 08:13 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Now confirmed the "last ever" episode will air on Christmas Day.

www.instagram.com 

This was inevitable as soon as the rumours began. Never any smoke without fire when it comes to this show!

I wonder if they’re doing something definitive to end it (such as killing off one of the lead 4) or if this will be “last ever” in name until they decide to write another, just like the original “last ever” episode at the end of Series 3.
[-] The following 4 users Like Flux's post:
  • AndrewP, DJ Dave, Happy2001, UTVLifer

I think the fact some of the older cast are now in their late 70s probably means it's time to give it a definitive ending whilst they still can. I don't see them killing anyone off as never say never and always a possibility they revisit it down the line - I do think if Corden hadn't gone to Hollywood we'd have probably had a Nessa and Smithy spin-off by now, but it isn't something either of them need right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

James Corden being back in the UK full time means that both him and Ruth Jones have been able to work together on this.

Filming won't start until mid August at the earliest as both have theatre commitments, Ruth in Sister Act and James in The Constituent at the Old Vic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

This Christmas we'll party like it's 2008

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Happy2001

In terms of scheduling, there’s been some suggestion that the new Wallace and Gromit will actually be feature-length, so perhaps that goes after The King and then Gavin and Stacey can slot in if they make Call The Midwife slightly shorter.

(04-05-2024, 05:06 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  In terms of scheduling, there’s been some suggestion that the new Wallace and Gromit will actually be feature-length, so perhaps that goes after The King and then Gavin and Stacey can slot in if they make Call The Midwife slightly shorter.

Or put EastEnders slightly later