Sky News

(28-02-2023, 07:20 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Controversially I'd like them to move the studio output all to Millbank, while closing the vanity project studio at Sky Central.

Me too - as much as I like the glass box, I'd prefer all shows to come from Millbank. You don't really get much background action in the glass box and the fact that it is a raised studio means that the background is pretty much dull so I'd think that all studio output would be better suited than Millbank or even their studio in The City that they use for Ian King Live, rather than what is essentially 3 massive walls of glass.

news.sky.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Krede's post:
  • all new phil, bkman1990, Hellsloot, Juicy Joe, matthieu1221, Michael Kenchington, Newsroom, UTVLifer

Sky News posting an article about the News Channel of the Year award being won by Sky News...

[Image: 1hhv9m.jpg?a465984]

Seriously, though, six times in a row is some feat. Congratulations to them.
[-] The following 8 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, damian, Jeff, Newsroom, thePineapple, thomash79, UTVLifer

(02-03-2023, 09:43 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Sky News posting an article about the News Channel of the Year award being won by Sky News...

[Image: 1hhv9m.jpg?a465984]

Seriously, though, six times in a row is some feat. Congratulations to them.

So incredibly well deserved and no doubt with there being no real competition anymore - may long let it last!

Well deserved. They always have quality output which makes it worthwhile to watch from abroad. Viewers should count themselves lucky to have a domestic news channel which such great international coverage.

(28-02-2023, 07:20 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Controversially I'd like them to move the studio output all to Millbank, while closing the vanity project studio at Sky Central.

Not sure about Sky News, but I've heard changes to Sky Sports News are coming up so anything is possible.
[-] The following 5 users Like telleyhead's post:
  • bkman1990, Gibsy, London Lite, thomash79, UTVLifer

(04-03-2023, 02:48 AM)telleyhead Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 07:20 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Controversially I'd like them to move the studio output all to Millbank, while closing the vanity project studio at Sky Central.

Not sure about Sky News, but I've heard changes to Sky Sports News are coming up so anything is possible.

Interesting… what changes are happening to Sky Sports News?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LiamFitz's post:
  • Gibsy

Has Sky News carried the Oscars ceremony live before?
twitter.com 

(07-03-2023, 04:39 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Has Sky News carried the Oscars ceremony live before?
twitter.com 

It’s potentially just the red carpet on sky news and then in the morning, Kay Burley is live at the Vanity Fair after party with the winners. 

news.sky.com 

(07-03-2023, 04:39 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Has Sky News carried the Oscars ceremony live before?
twitter.com 

No I don’t think they have. The Oscars used to be exclusive to Sky Cinema subscribers but was  also on Sky Showcase last year and is now seemingly also on Sky News this year.