Sky News

Sky News has changed the output on its website for UK viewers back to a UK feed in the last couple of hours.

I had to watch The Oscars on Sky News from the UK as well. I had a look at the Saorview EPG during the week to see if the ceremony was up there. It wasn't listed there at all. I had to look at the Sky News UK EPG to see it was available and it was there all along.

A blip going to the break.
Instead the Sports sponsor played, got cut by a static SkyNews Tonight title card. Flashed up with Sky News title card. Crashed back to Sports Sponsor played out nearly 100pc. Went back to the studio and introduced weather. Weather sponsor played and weather read out and sponsor played again. But now we have the news on French riots. Now crossed to Sports news with no sponsor.
Edit.
Returned to news summary and weather again with sponsor either side.

Seemingly a problem on the Sky News International/YouTube stream. Scrolled back earlier and noticed at 1am, it’s failed to opt into the first part of the hour, which left the rotating globe of world weather on for about 25 mins.
[-] The following 2 users Like Craigwills's post:
  • bkman1990, thevaran

This Freeview scraper (which I found through a post on one of the old places) seems to suggest that it happened on the UK feed as well.

www.dvber.co.uk 

Normally the 1 am programme is a repeat of 12 am but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Joe Pike will leave Sky News to join Newsnight in the summer as their Insight and Investigations Editor.
twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1, Gibsy, London Lite, SB678

Bit surprised Sky don't have sort of live video via a reporter from Germany as the King visits, all they have is a correspondant via telephone. It's the 90's all over again!
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • Gibsy, Roger Darthwell

(30-03-2023, 10:54 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Bit surprised Sky don't have sort of live video  via a reporter from Germany as the King visits, all they have is a correspondant via telephone. It's the 90's all over again!

Rather ironically, Sky News's French equivalent BFMTV has a reporter with live video in Germany! And it's not their king, nor is he visiting their country, guess they want to make up for the postponed France visit Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • Independent

Was looking at some designs by the agency Flint Skallen, and this caught my eye - a concept design for VTM Nieuws in Belgium:

[Image: flint_skallen_vtm-nieuws_studio_03_640.jpg]

[Image: flint_skallen_vtm_nieuws_studio_overview_01_640.jpg]
IMO this is what the glass box should have been. On the ground, in the newsroom. I think the idea of the glass box was great - but it was very badly executed. If it had been something more like this then I think it would be much more effective.

Anything is better than the sterile white box and white graphics. Yawn
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Gibsy