Sky News

(09-06-2023, 09:21 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'm imagining a shouty Patrick Christys at the video wall with the stats and Mark Dolan.

Maybe a handful of LiveU contributors from key counts but nothing like the effort the BBC/Sky put in
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • London Lite, Stuart

(09-06-2023, 09:16 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  I’m hoping GB News lasts long enough so we can see what a GE looks like on their channel.

I don’t it will be earlier than it can be, why when you have a majority

Presumably with a number of well known Tory MPs standing down they'll try and get around the purduh by using them and arguing they are not politically affiliated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I have to say though, with Nadine Dorries and Boris Johnson both standing down, it's been quite the political earthquake today
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • aaron_scotland

(09-06-2023, 09:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Presumably with a number of well known Tory MPs standing down they'll try and get around the purduh by using them and arguing they are not politically affiliated.
Purdah doesn't stop former MPs from speaking. There are no longer any MPs during Purdah as Parliament would have been dissolved.

Even the Prime Minister ceases to be an MP, they hold their post by virtue of a Crown appointment as do Secretaries of State and Ministers.

The purpose of Purdah is to prevent any Ministerial action creating major changes to legislation/procedures and provides very detailed restrictions to Civil Servants. The only TV media restrictions are on reporting on the day of an election while the polls are open.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • johnsmith

Alastair Stewart Tweeted the other day that he hopes to back at GB News for the next election.
[-] The following 4 users Like derek500's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, London Lite, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

I can imagine Alastair and Anne Diamond helming the election coverage.

(On a side note I wish Anne a speedy recovery)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

(09-06-2023, 10:00 PM)derek500 Wrote:  Alastair Stewart Tweeted the other day that he hopes to back at GB News for the next election.
Wrong thread methinks! Big Grin

Anna Botting just did a lovely tribute to the late Nikki Grahame.

(13-06-2023, 07:49 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Anna Botting just did a lovely tribute to the late Nikki Grahame.

Without wanting to derail a thread or seem crass, can I ask the context of this?

Any particular reason why? Can't see a news story around today related to her.