Sky News

Wilfred Frost is covering for Trevor Phillips tomorrow. Seems as he will be the main cover when Trevor is off and is following in his father's footsteps by coveting a Sunday morning political show.

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, fusionlad, Gibsy, interestednovice, Michael 18, Neon Pig, Roger Darthwell, watchingtv

(06-01-2024, 03:44 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Wilfred Frost is covering for Trevor Phillips tomorrow. Seems as he will be the main cover when Trevor is off and is following in his father's footsteps by coveting a Sunday morning political show.

x.com 

His presence does appear to be ramping up on the channel. I can see him being increasingly more prominent.

With Christiane Amanpour in the studio, I wonder if Sky tried to offer her a job.

Changes to Breakfast from 15th January.

www.thesun.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like RJLD24's post:
  • Albion, matthieu1221, Michael 18, Toby brown, UTVLifer, watchingtv

This sounds quite similar to the Sarah-Jane Mee/Jonathon Samuels era of Sunrise, which I'm fine with

And confirmation of a new/revamped studio as well in this line from Kay "I’m excited to be presenting from a new state-of-the-art studio - and to be joined by a great new line-up"
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • watchingtv

Yalda Hakim’s ‘The World’ starts on 22nd January
[-] The following 4 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • bkman1990, matthieu1221, oscillon, UTVLifer

(07-01-2024, 04:30 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  This sounds quite similar to the Sarah-Jane Mee/Jonathon Samuels era of Sunrise, which I'm fine with

And confirmation of a new/revamped studio as well in this line from Kay "I’m excited to be presenting from a new state-of-the-art studio - and to be joined by a great new line-up"
Speaking of, this is how it'd look like, all together:
e3.365dm.com 
Web Image

From this hot release from Sky themselves:
news.sky.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 4 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • freeaxe, Independent, matthieu1221, watchingtv

Nice to see that Sky News actually finished the wooden flooring in one of their studios for once, but I see that came at the expensive of the walls

I noticed in the press release that Gareth will start the show at 6, with Kay then during her usual 7-10am

Preview for the new breakfast show, giving a wider look at the new studio

x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, matthieu1221, Michael 18, Stuart

That looks very nice. Finally Sky News with a proper, newsroom bound set. This is how it's done!
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • aaron_scotland, alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, freeaxe, Jeff

It reminds me of the set up for Sunrise in the old Sky News Centre
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • watchingtv

(07-01-2024, 05:07 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That looks very nice. Finally Sky News with a proper, newsroom bound set. This is how it's done!

Though it would seem from quotes in the press release that this new set is only temporary -

David Rhodes, executive chairman for Sky News Group, said: "We're really pleased to present Breakfast earlier each morning - and delighted to welcome Gareth Barlow to our team.

"From a new Westminster newsroom now - and a new studio in the coming months - Kay Burley, Gareth Barlow, Mhari Aurora and Wilfred Frost will bring the whole range of Sky News to audiences each morning."
[-] The following 4 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, freeaxe, matthieu1221, Stuart