The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

Sky and BT both going all-in on their Green Football Weekend branding. Though, er, those mic shields aren't going to get used again, are they?

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Still no new graphics for the Six Nations. My guess is it’s the sponsor holding it back.

The new BBC Reith logo is on the screen beside them as well. Although it looks a little bigger on the screen than usual when compared to showing the same logo on Match of the Day.

It’s odd because they’ve clearly got a new brand identity for the Women’s and U20s yet clearly sticking with the old one for the men’s. As I say these graphics are nine years on the go and quite tired at this point but yet still better than the awful stuff inflicted for the Women’s and U20s.

Do Sky not show their own premier league highlights programme anymore? just watching Brentford v southamptons highlights and it has the official premier league graphics, sky sports premier league logo and the premier league logo at the bottom right.

Football First? The name is gone a good while now, but there is still a Game of the Day shown after Saturday Night Football. The Match Choice feature, not sure when that went, but they still show highlights of the days games linearly.

(05-02-2023, 12:22 AM)Rdd Wrote:  Football First? The name is gone a good while now, but there is still a Game of the Day shown after Saturday Night Football. The Match Choice feature,  not sure when that went, but they still show highlights of the days games linearly.

Not sure but Man Us highlights are on also using the official graphics makes sense tbh back in the day sky were using world commentary with its own graphics minus the inserts for the world feed.

1) I was not expecting ITV's studio to not be onsite for Italy v. France. First time in years apart from COVID I can think that a Six Nations match is not presented from the stadium.

2) ITV have instead used the budget on a very elaborate green screen studio. Reminds me of the BBC Sport second studio on a bigger budget (with the atrium-like background).

Reminds me of the Eurosport Cube quite a bit that green screen studio being used. Am surprised they aren't on-site given COVID is less of a problem for travelling these days.

Looks nice. But if it didn’t have the branding and the ITV team, you’d think the BBC had just made some tweaks to their usual set up.

I’m sure ITV weren’t on site for at least the reverse fixture of this last year and possibly some others. If you count last year as post-covid.

(05-02-2023, 03:21 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Am surprised they aren't on-site given COVID is less of a problem for travelling these days.
It’s probably difficult to justify when it has no domestic involvement. Mind you James Richardson didn’t have much of an issue back in the 90s.

Edit: they might have been in the studio for at least one Ireland home game last season.