The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

A lovely tribute to Eddie Butler by Andrew Cotter on Football Focus just now.

Seems strange scheduling for ITV3 to be showing live darts while ITV4 shows an old movie. I assume it's so that ITV4 is available for the EFL highlights later on

On MOTD tonight, Gary and the pundits all in suit and tie, first time since 2004/05 that the dress code has been like that on a highlights show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tom's post:
  • DE88

Interesting to note, that this weekend Snooker is being shown on Saturday and Sunday afternoon on ITV (1).

According to a tweet this is the first time that Snooker is being shown on the main channel since 2001.

Edit, here is the tweet: twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tom's post:
  • DE88

ITV4 to show Scotland vs Ukraine in the Nations League tonight after sub-licensing the rights for this match from Premier Sports. 

advanced-television.com 

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 

The NFL Show on ITV is in front of a massive video wall and the pundits make use of a touch screen.  I'm presuming it's the BT Sport studio?

(22-09-2022, 12:14 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  The NFL Show on ITV is in front of a massive video wall and the pundits make use of a touch screen.  I'm presuming it's the BT Sport studio?

Yes, same as it was when it was on the BBC last season.
[-] The following 2 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • bkman1990, eyeTV

The curse of Channel 4 continues with England losing again.

However, the qualification group for Euro 2024 will be tougher with England being in Pot 2 for the draw.

(22-09-2022, 12:14 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  The NFL Show on ITV is in front of a massive video wall and the pundits make use of a touch screen.  I'm presuming it's the BT Sport studio?
From what I’ve seen of it, apart from a different presenter the programme is more or less identical.

So this is from a few days ago, but it turns out the BBC has signed a five year deal with the MLB. It's mainly for the London series, but they seem to get some other US based ones too.

www.bbc.co.uk 

I'm not sure if the MLB Network feed was bespoke (they mention the BBC at 1:44), and the game was on the Yes Network in the US (taken by BT Sport)

www.bbc.co.uk 

EDIT: According to MLB.com, yes it is a bespoke broadcast

Quote:This Saturday, White will get another close look at the Triple Crown candidate when he serves as a commentator for BBC Sport's broadcast of the latest chapter in the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry from Yankee Stadium. Melanie Newman will handle the play-by-play duties while joined by White and former Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia.

The broadcast is part of a new five-year deal between the BBC and MLB that will see the BBC air regular-season games each season. The broadcasts will be tailored to appeal to both existing and new baseball fans in the United Kingdom. The MLB Network-produced game will be shown live on BBC iPlayer at 1 p.m. ET, 6 p.m. in the UK.

www.mlb.com