The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

Wonder if Martin Tyler might go to the radio to talksport as Clive Tyldesley is stepping down because of having to promote betting during matches.
www.dailymail.co.uk 

I really don't get how the broadcast rules allow that. Same with boxing on TalkSport too- makes it a struggle to listen too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39

Speaking of Football.

I really love the set design for Channel 4's coverage of the UEFA Nations League Final.

Virgin Media's setup probably looks the same since they had coverage of the 2 semi finals on Wednesday and Thursday night along with coverage the 3rd place play off earlier today.

A bit of a behind-the-scenes at PLP, originally published in the Times last week:
www.imgmedia.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

Quite interesting. It’s not true to say of course that PLP is totally unknown in the U.K. - the Premier League Review and Preview shows do air.

Apart from LaLiga TV, which I guess is it’s nearest equivalent (and basically does the same thing for LaLiga as PLP does for the FAPL), is there any other league - in any sport - that has such a well developed what we might call “enhanced world feed” operation?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Liam Brady to retire from RTE Sport after tonights qualifier with Gibraltar, he is the only one left from the legendary RTE panel alongside Dunphy, Giles & Bill and has been with RTE since 1998 bar a couple of years when he was Trapattonis right hand man.

www.rte.ie 
[-] The following 3 users Like NI92's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

(17-06-2023, 12:17 AM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  OK, so this is what viewers in Ireland got instead of the England match, rather than replace it with reruns.

Oddly Irish viewers can watch the Channel 4 coverage of England’s matches back on Channel 4 On Demand online. We just can’t watch the matches live on Channel 4.

www.bbc.co.uk 

ITV getting a lot of criticism for this.

Did I really just hear the England Team singing "God Save the Queen" before the match started?

Didn't they get the memo last September? Confused

(19-06-2023, 07:47 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Did I really just hear the England Team singing "God Save the Queen" before the match started?

Didn't they get the memo last September? Confused
To be fair neither did God.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • AaronLancs, bkman1990, Brekkie, gottago, Stuart