Sky TV presentation

We’ve discussed before that, in the case of The Simpsons specifically, that’s likely to be for contractual reasons as Sky Showcase is (technically) the successor and current iteration of the channel that was Sky One. However, all other new programming has moved to Sky Max, which is more the spiritual successor to Sky One.

Basically, Sky’s channel strategy has changed, but they are unable to move The Simpsons to Sky Max (which they probably would do if they could). However, aside from that exception, their programming has all been moved to align with the new strategy.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • BBCME, benzj, Kunst

(22-06-2024, 11:15 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  We’ve discussed before that, in the case of The Simpsons specifically, that’s likely to be for contractual reasons as Sky Showcase is (technically) the successor and current iteration of the channel that was Sky One. However, all other new programming has moved to Sky Max, which is more the spiritual successor to Sky One.

Basically, Sky’s channel strategy has changed, but they are unable to move The Simpsons to Sky Max (which they probably would do if they could). However, aside from that exception, their programming has all been moved to align with the new strategy.

Doubt that, as if they needed to they'd have just made Sky Max the successor to Sky One and created a new channel for Sky Showcase.

But it matters not - it's merely an example of how Sky Showcase has a purpose beyond simply "promoting other channels". Another function it serves, for example, is to get Sky Atlantic programming aired on Virgin Media.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

One thing I just noticed when I caught the end of one of the trails when I switched over to Sky Atlantic for 'Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon', the upcoming original comedy, 'Mr. Bigstuff', starring Danny Dyer, was originally going to be broadcast on Sky Comedy, is now going to be broadcast on Sky Max. What is going on with the channel switch?