Sky News

Without going into the detail as to why, Belle Donati appears to have been quietly removed from the profiles page on the Sky News website.

She was still there a few days ago and the page had been updated at least once since she was taken off-air to add Matt Barbet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SB678's post:
  • thePineapple

What a breath of fresh air Gareth Barlow is on Sky Breakfast (and other morning slots). Clear, authoritative, well spoken and insightful, resisting the thought that his opinions are more important than the interviewee’s. I hope he gets his own programme eventually.
[-] The following 8 users Like Newshound's post:
  • arbrax, cando, gman, GMc, Michael 18, MLehon, robxu9, SB678

(16-05-2024, 02:13 PM)Newshound Wrote:  What a breath of fresh air Gareth Barlow is on Sky Breakfast (and other morning slots). Clear, authoritative, well spoken and insightful, resisting the thought that his opinions are more important than the interviewee’s. I hope he gets his own programme eventually.
Couldn’t agree more, what a great signing
[-] The following 4 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • blue_dust, Michael 18, MLehon, robxu9

(11-05-2024, 01:25 AM)Skygeek Wrote:  Barbara and Niall had a fun chat once he got to the other end - though it's not an experience I or any of us on the team would care to repeat.

twitter.com 

Its amazing when the presenters are allowed to have a bit of personality on air....Of course there is a happy medium. But the robotic autocue reader presenters...no thanks. This was great.
[-] The following 6 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • GMc, Jeff, Luc, MLehon, robxu9, SB678

A titbit from The Athletic's feature on Monday Night Football - apparently Sky News will be using that particular Sky Sports studio for its election night coverage - so it looks as if the glass box won't be in use this year. Great news, as it's a brilliant visual space

Story and pictures here (subscribers only) www.nytimes.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Luc's post:
  • fusionlad, Jeff, London Lite, Michael 18, robxu9

I think this is the first time I've seen Sky News use a stream of Sky News Arabia.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like robxu9's post:
  • Michael 18, RhysJR

New tagline and promo has appeared today which I rather like. “The full story, first.”

Not had much outing so far today though with rolling coverage of the blood inquiry and the news from Iran, but the top of the hour I saw earlier had been updated.

The new promo has been out on their socials.
x.com 

video.twimg.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Stuart

(19-05-2024, 05:01 PM)Luc Wrote:  A titbit from The Athletic's feature on Monday Night Football - apparently Sky News will be using that particular Sky Sports studio for its election night coverage - so it looks as if the glass box won't be in use this year. Great news, as it's a brilliant visual space

Story and pictures here (subscribers only) www.nytimes.com 
I'm sure they will make very good use of the space.

In 2019 they didn't actually use the Glass Box itself, but the area opposite, and the atrium through the building for some amazing AR. I flipped between channels at the start of the results process, but settled on Sky News in the end because their pres just seemed so much better than the others.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Johnnie, JosiahStuart, Luc, watchingtv

Is it just me but I find Kamali Melbourne really difficult to watch. He doesn’t seem to be in control half of the time and I have no confidence watching him.
[-] The following 5 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • bob, Hellsloot, itsrobert, leewilliams, mouseboy33