5 News

I think 5 News were the first of the broadcasters to get some vox pops from punters in a pub (seemingly against their will!). up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Extra points for choosing a pub in The North.

5 News put up a disclaimer on their lower third strap during an interview with athlete Georgia Bell that she's the daughter of Political Editor Andy Bell. They also mentioned it during the interview.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bilky asko, Newshound47, Nobby

What was the interview about? Seems a strange thing to need to point out more than once in passing unless there was some kind of edge to the interview?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Brekkie, Nobby

(10-06-2024, 08:16 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  What was the interview about? Seems a strange thing to need to point out more than once in passing unless there was some kind of edge to the interview?

She won silver in the European Championships 1500m last night, so presumably that. Agree that I'm not sure why that would need a disclaimer.

www.bbc.co.uk 

I could understand it if it was acknowledging a potential conflict of interest, but it's not the kind of interview where you would expect her to be being held to account or given a hard time etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Brekkie

It may be to stop Private Eye publishing one of their many stories of nepotism in the media, but it was a deserved interview regardless of who her father is.