Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres

On the subject of Kiss, it was nice to see the pre-2006 logo make an appearance on the channel albeit briefly as a transition.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like mixchris's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Jonny, Stuart

It looks like the xxxx-2024 tags seen overnight a few weeks back have appeared under the channel logos on Magic and Kerrang this morning.

Nothing on the other channels as of yet. It's the middle of the final month so running them for the final 2 weeks is logical.

TV Ark has this promo for The Box:

tvark.org 

Going by the videos in it, this wouldn't have been long before the big revamp in November/December 1999.

I remember during the summer and autumn of 1999, there seemed to be some sort of presentation tweak every week, they couldn't leave things alone. It was only when the big revamp happened and everything changed at once that it settled.

One of the very first tweaks was replacing the person who did the voiceover on Box Tops- for years it had been this American man who always sounded overly cheerful... then one week he sounded really miserable and I wondered if he'd been sacked, which he clearly had been as we never heard him again. Mitch Johnson (of Live & Kicking fame) did most of the voiceovers during said summer/Autumn 99 period- then disappeared with the revamp.

Would be wonderful to be able to break open the Box archive and see all this stuff... if it was kept anyway.

(14-06-2024, 09:54 AM)frasergj Wrote:  It looks like the xxxx-2024 tags seen overnight a few weeks back have appeared under the channel logos on Magic and Kerrang this morning.

Nothing on the other channels as of yet. It's the middle of the final month so running them for the final 2 weeks is logical.

They're on 4Music now too, although for whatever reason on there it's under the programme name. Nothing on Kiss tho.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

and Kiss has just appeared now. Still with the slightly baffling 1998 date.

(05-11-2023, 11:54 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Just to note that the playlist pages already existed, so it looks like they're just remapping the site. They were (and still are) accessible by adding /playlist/[channel].html

So… www.boxplus.com/playlist/kerrang.html 

Sorry for the triple post... hopefully some automerge happens - it appears these pages are still online, even though they're not accessible at all from the boxplus.com homepage.

Even more puzzling is that The Box's page (www.boxplus.com ) has a playlist "FOR WEEK COMMENCING 14/06/2024" which is very clearly not stuff which playing on The Box this week...

chatps.com

Can't help feel it would be nice if 4music could at least go out with a final 'classic hits weekend' as a nod to The Hits' monthly event from the early 2010s.

(15-06-2024, 02:24 PM)lhx1985 Wrote:  Can't help feel it would be nice if 4music could at least go out with a final 'classic hits weekend' as a nod to The Hits' monthly event from the early 2010s.

They have an 'end of an era' send off programme like all the channels, I haven't seen it but I'd imagine it has random hits from the 4music era rather than The Hits tho. Also The Hits began and ended in the 00s.

chatps.com

You're right.
The Hits was 2002-2008. That era of the channel, seemingly forgotten.

Still hope they can dig out some old presentation for the very end of the channels!

(15-06-2024, 01:15 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Even more puzzling is that The Box's page (www.boxplus.com ) has a playlist "FOR WEEK COMMENCING 14/06/2024" which is very clearly not stuff which playing on The Box this week...

Figured it out, I think. The date shown at the bottom is the date of whatever the most Friday is or was, according to the system clock.

The track lists themselves come out of a Google Sheet (which you can interrogate if you use the Network tab on your browser's inspector). I guess this hasn't been updated in a long while. Unsurprisingly the sheet 4music's page pulls from is called "Box Hits"!

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko