Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres

How has 4Music been handling the last couple of weeks in comparison?

Sadly haven't seen them (yet) digging up Northern Line, Madasun, Point Break, Thunderbugs, Hepburn, Girl Thing or Girls @ Play which I'd hope they would have seeing how well they're trawling into The Box's archives of played a lot and heavily promoted by The Box at the time but since forgotten acts and songs.

And just digging into it and realised that Rita Simons, of Roxy Mitchell of EastEnders fame was a member of Girls @ Play...

(27-06-2024, 02:15 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Sadly haven't seen them (yet) digging up Northern Line, Madasun, Point Break, Thunderbugs, Hepburn, Girl Thing or Girls @ Play which I'd hope they would have seeing how well they're trawling into The Box's archives of played a lot and heavily promoted by The Box at the time but since forgotten acts and songs.

And just digging into it and realised that Rita Simons, of Roxy Mitchell of EastEnders fame was a member of Girls @ Play...

They have been playing Hepburn's I Quit.

(27-06-2024, 09:34 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  How has 4Music been handling the last couple of weeks in comparison?

It's more or less the same as it always has been, a touch more 'archive' (meaning 2008-2018!) stuff and a special programme like the others have had. That's it though. I don't think I've even seen the nostalgic logo transition they put together other than on that special programme - is there a closure 'promo' airing does anyone know?

I agree with others that Box Plus have done a really splendid job sending these channels off. End of an era on Sunday night.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Brekkie

(27-06-2024, 08:55 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Is there a closure 'promo' airing does anyone know?

Yes there is - all the other Box Plus channels have closure promos airing too

www.youtube.com 

(27-06-2024, 05:32 PM)Division2023 Wrote:  They have been playing Hepburn's I Quit.

But they need to dig out Bugs 😁 That's on one of my old VHS tapes

Just seen Rendez-Vu by Basement Jaxx... love that video, totally looney. That is one I saw not too long back on either MTV 90s or Now 90s (can't remember which), but it still doesn't get shown enough.

Don't think I've seen Changes by 2Pac, that's a video I remember for some reason being requested heavily (as you could see by the phone calls on the bottom of the screen) and going back into the Box Tops top 10 out of nowhere after several months of barely being played... then they actually pulled it from the playlist mid week which was the only time I ever remember that happenng- playlist changes only usually happened on Fridays. I wondered why at the time it was suddenly in heavy rotation again after several months... I'm guessing there was some sort of internet campaign or similar.

I've definitely seen Changes in the last couple of weeks. Could have been Kiss but pretty sure it was The Box.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

It's not as if I've been watching 24/7 so it's likely I've missed it if they have shown it.

Just a song that I remember having an unusual history on the channel. Presumably the people at the channel thought something must have been up with the way it was suddenly being heavily selected out of nowhere, which is why it was removed mid week.

Just seen some of their Music TV You Controlled show (the one with a voiceover linking the songs) play The Bad Touch by The Bloodhoung Gang- that's yet another song that didn't actually make The Box's playlist (though their follow up, The Ballad Of Chasey Lane, did).

Looks like all the channels are doing a final "Closing Playlist" on Sunday - lots of "tune in one last time" and "This is it!" in the EPG...

Be nice if there was something special for the close but I suspect we would've seen it by now.