The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

(19-05-2024, 07:17 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Were all three pay-pay-view services on site?

TNT and DAZN were, Sky presented from the studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • Brekkie

Disgusting from the radio stations that the Europa league final is not on any of the stations. this means TNT must put this on you tube to enable more people to be able to get coverage. Lots of people like me will never put their details for a company like this.

(19-05-2024, 02:33 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Disgusting from the radio stations that the Europa league final is not on any of the stations. this means TNT must put this on you tube to enable more people to be able to get coverage. Lots of people like me will never put their details for a company like this.
Alphabet’s YouTube a company who famously won’t be collecting of your data.
[-] The following 6 users Like Jon's post:
  • bilky asko, Brekkie, Jeff, JT95, News Engineer, Transmission

(19-05-2024, 09:01 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  TNT and DAZN were, Sky presented from the studio.
Will be interesting to see how the buys breakdown as you'd imagine Sky Box Office might be the choice of many casual fans especially simply because it's probably the one they've used most before.

(19-05-2024, 02:33 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Disgusting from the radio stations that the Europa league final is not on any of the stations. this means TNT must put this on you tube to enable more people to be able to get coverage. Lots of people like me will never put their details for a company like this.

There is going to be live commentary on talkSPORT 2 actually.
[-] The following 6 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • Bungo Bill, lookoutwales, News Engineer, RhysJR, strollfan, thomash79

talksport.com 

Where??? Talk Sport 2 I don't class as a station either, where is it on freeview, where is it on freesat. How do people listen to it not on the internet.

(19-05-2024, 03:02 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  talksport.com 

Where??? Talk Sport 2 I don't class as a station either, where is it on freeview, where is it on freesat. How do people listen to it not on the internet.
It’s on the radio (DAB+) the place you’d expect to find a radio station. I think most people will have access to that either via the internet or through one of their radios.

As I’ve said it’s of minimal national interest.
[-] The following 10 users Like Jon's post:
  • bilky asko, Brekkie, BullBaker, Bungo Bill, Jeff, JT95, News Engineer, RhysJR, strollfan, thomash79

(19-05-2024, 03:16 PM)Jon Wrote:  It’s on the radio (DAB+) the place you’d expect to find a radio station.

Some people don't have DAB+ and again where does it say on the schedule they have it on

(19-05-2024, 03:02 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  talksport.com 

It's on DAB, does that class it as a station?

(19-05-2024, 03:18 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Some people don't have DAB+ and again where does it say on the schedule they have it on
They won’t be able to listen to it then.

They’ve probably haven’t updated the schedule yet.