The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

(19-05-2024, 03:25 PM)Jon Wrote:  They won’t be able to listen to it then.

They’ve probably haven’t updated the schedule yet.

Well I hope they update it soon

(19-05-2024, 02:33 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  TNT must put this on you tube to enable more people to be able to get coverage.

(19-05-2024, 03:02 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  talksport.com 

Where??? Talk Sport 2 I don't class as a station either, where is it on freeview, where is it on freesat. How do people listen to it not on the internet.
Do you see the problem here - one minute complaining it's not on YouTube and the next you're complaining it's on a radio station that is available online. Indeed RAJAR figures this week shows online listening now outstrips FM/AM listening.
[-] The following 10 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bilky asko, BullBaker, Bungo Bill, Jeff, JT95, lookoutwales, News Engineer, strollfan, thomash79, Transmission

(19-05-2024, 03:18 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Some people don't have DAB+ and again where does it say on the schedule they have it on
Your constant twisting of situations and double standards in order to attack TNT / Discovery is really really tedious.

(19-05-2024, 02:33 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Lots of people like me will never put their details for a company like this.
One person won’t - fixed that for you.
[-] The following 9 users Like News Engineer's post:
  • Brekkie, BullBaker, Bungo Bill, Jeff, JT95, lookoutwales, strollfan, thomash79, Transmission

(19-05-2024, 03:29 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Well I hope they update it soon

If you download the talkSPORT app and go to the live commentaries section, you can clearly see it will be live on talkSPORT 2.

Deleted Post Deleted Post Deleted Post

Did the BBC show the trophy presentation when Leicester won the premier league in 2016?

Strange bit of timing by the WRU to formally unveil details of its new ‘Elite Domestic Competition’ to replace the Welsh Premiership.

The ten-team ‘Super Rygbi Cymru’ will operate as a closed shop for the next three seasons at least and its build-up has been contentious (Neath were twice refused a place - Pontypridd and Merthyr are also notably absent)

What sort of coverage we’ll see remains to be seen but the norm for the past couple of seasons has been by-and-large non-linear midweek games, streamed usually on Thursday nights and produced for S4C by Whisper Cymru.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see coverage stepped up, even if it seems a rather forelorn attempt to help Welsh rugby through its doldrums.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR

(19-05-2024, 06:24 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Did the BBC show the trophy presentation when Leicester won the premier league in 2016?

I think it was a Saturday 17:30 kick-off so I would guess not. I do think I remember it was shown at length as part of that evening's Match of the Day. Looking at the BBC Sport live blog from the day, and it looks lik Pat Murphy covered it during 6-0-6 for Radio 5 Liv, but no mention of any televisual coverage.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(19-05-2024, 09:29 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Strange bit of timing by the WRU to formally unveil details of its new ‘Elite Domestic Competition’ to replace the Welsh Premiership.

The ten-team ‘Super Rygbi Cymru’ will operate as a closed shop for the next three seasons at least and its build-up has been contentious (Neath were twice refused a place - Pontypridd and Merthyr are also notably absent)

What sort of coverage we’ll see remains to be seen but the norm for the past couple of seasons has been by-and-large non-linear midweek games, streamed usually on Thursday nights and produced for S4C by Whisper Cymru.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see coverage stepped up, even if it seems a rather forelorn attempt to help Welsh rugby through its doldrums.

www.bbc.co.uk 

What was the quality of the coverage of the women's Celtic Challenge? I guess that might be a blueprint for wider coverage of matches that don't get the S4C treatment. Another example is the Super 6/Super Series in Scotland, which has/had a similar premise. That has generally seen one match a week on a linear channel - either FreeSports or BBC Alba - and one other game streamed by BBC Scotland weekly. All coverage was made available outside the UK on YouTube, and this usually left a mtach or two with nothing but highlights.

The S4C coverage of the Premiership, despite usually airing online only, is a very good standard - with Welsh and English commentary plus a presenter. It's higher quality than S4C's online-only Cymru Premier football coverage (albeit that gets a lot more matches with full coverage on linear S4C).
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales

Polsat in Poland has slightly renamed their Sport channels: Main channel now adds a '1' suffix, Extra becomes 2, and News becomes 3 (Polsat Sport 2 and 3 were previously used in their Euro 2016 pop-up channels). No changes to their 2021 graphics.
satkurier.pl 

A case study on JTBC Golf Channel in South Korea, who refreshed their idents last year.
816.co.kr 

It continued to use the same motion lines idea as their new corporate identity back in 2013:
studiofnt.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • RhysJR