The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

Yep, the black and white graphic also froze so guess the problem was more with the source of data.

The separate ROI version of Premier Sports 2 appears to be closing on Sunday to be replaced with the UK version.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • RhysJR

BBC & ITV lineups for FA Cup Final tomorrow

BBC Press Office reporting Alan Shearer will be on Co-Comms tomorrow
Presenter: Gary Lineker
Pundits: Wayne Rooney & Micah Richards
Commentators: Guy Mowbray & Alan Shearer.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Whereas like last year ITV are going with a 3 man commentary team
Presenter: Mark Pougatch
Pundits: Roy Keane, Ian Wright & Joleon Lescott
Commentators: Sam Matterface, Lee Dixon & Ally McCoist
Pitchside: Laura Woods & Karen Carney
Reporter: Gabriel Clarke
www.itv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes NI92's post:
  • RhysJR

If this is true its great news

inews.co.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like shropshireguy28's post:
  • bkman1990, Bungo Bill, dvboy, RhysJR, thomash79

It may have been mentioned already but Jules Breach is going to be the lead anchor on Fox Sports US for the Euros.

(24-05-2024, 09:54 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  If this is true its great news

inews.co.uk 

I think we'll see more deals like this as broadcasters are expected to show every game in new deals, which frankly probably isn't viable. There will be a point where when they get to the fifth or sixth game in a week for example each extra match probably loses them money rather than brings it in, so it makes sense to look at other revenue sources - and a handful of live matches for free can be more effective at bringing in subscribers to the full package than any promo campaign. I think it's quite likely that those viewers who are for which 20 matches a season would be enough wouldn't subscribe anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Jeff, RhysJR

The most important part will be the return of the League cup final to FTA.

(25-05-2024, 12:17 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think we'll see more deals like this as broadcasters are expected to show every game in new deals, which frankly probably isn't viable. There will be a point where when they get to the fifth or sixth game in a week for example each extra match probably loses them money rather than brings it in, so it makes sense to look at other revenue sources - and a handful of live matches for free can be more effective at bringing in subscribers to the full package than any promo campaign. I think it's quite likely that those viewers who are for which 20 matches a season would be enough wouldn't subscribe anyway.

I wonder if there will be a Sky/ITV bid again for the champions league if this is successful

If this EFL deal happens, I'm wondering if it will be similar to the super league rugby deal, where Sky sub let the matches to the free to air partner (BBC for the rugby, ITV for the football of course) and let them use their graphics but with ITV's own commentators etc?

RTÉ2's coverage of The Investec Champions Cup Final has a hybrid setup in place for the match today.

Jacqui Hurley, Stephen Ferris, Jamie Heaslip & Fiona Coughlan are in Studio 5 in RTÉ Studios in Dublin.

Claire McNamara, Hugh Cahill, Bernard Jackman & Donal Lenihan are in the Spurs stadium for the final.

I think there is a new lower third name strap graphic in place for Neil Treacy's interview with Tadhg Furlong. I have never seen it before. It's look nice in light blue and white.