Eurovision Song Contest 2024

(09-05-2024, 09:46 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The postcards used to be based around the host country, sometimes featuring the artist, sometimes not. I think last year the concept was three linked locations in the UK, Ukraine and competing country. Presumably though for footage filmed in competing countries where possibly the host would work with the local broadcaster to get the footage.

Last year at least, the production crew travelled to each country to get the footage, filming in the 37 locations both in UK and Ukraine plus the entrant country

So its understandable why SVT may have wanted to cut costs on that front this year

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Brekkie

Opening with Petra and Malin doing a Tattoo parody is brilliant

Petra's interval act being tonight and not on Saturday is very surprising, I wonder what they've got up their sleeves as well as Loreen
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • DeMarkay, GMc

That was a good intro from the two Eurovision hosts honouring Loreen tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

That first performance from Malta felt very Slo Mo-lite.

It's a pity that Malta wasn't in Tuesday night's SF1. It is a great song to start SF2 tonight.

I would have voted for it I had the chance.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

That's where my satellite dish went.

I love the use of the LED cubes as part of the staging, particularly by this performance from Czechia

The shot that some through the cube from the rig is just incredible. Reminds me of the cool camera work we saw in the Globen in 2016

The woman for the French entry sounds very high pitched. It's probably there for comedic effect.

(09-05-2024, 08:33 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  The woman for the French entry sounds very high pitched. It's probably there for comedic effect.
I think they are referencing this:
youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like AxG's post:
  • bilky asko, UTVLifer

Very interesting staging from Denmark, not sure if they're make it through this semi final though

Nice to see the BBC not opting out tonight, even if this filler material from Petra and Malin seems to be nothing more than the two of them showing off their multiple languages skills

Very much driving home the United by Music motto