UEFA Euro 2024

Have ITV stopped using the Visit Qatar sponsorship bumper? I can't remember seeing it in rotation fo a good while now. All the other spinsors I have seen recently.

Andy Robertson has been replaced by Kevin de Bruyne in the titles. Kind of answers my thought of was there a Plan B if the likes of Mbappe or Kane didn't feature in the tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • thomash79

(25-06-2024, 10:50 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The Mon & Tue games at 5pm would seem less commercially appealing.

I take that back surely France v Belgium is the best pick after England.

Germany v. Denmark the second pick and will be live on ITV 1 and STV on Saturday night at 20:00.
Just confirmed by Clive on commentary.

France v. Belguim is a Tuesday 17:00 kick-off, but must be a good shout for third pick. Portugal, Spain and Austria in the other primetime games.
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales, thomash79

So ITV confirming they have Germany v Denmark on Saturday night along with England on Sunday. By it's omission I'd guess Switzerland v Italy on Saturday at 5pm is on the BBC, though ITV may not have made their 3rd pick yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • lookoutwales

(26-06-2024, 06:44 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Slightly different numbers from ITV themselves (presumably adding ITVX), saying an average of 9.2 million across the whole four hour broadcast.

www.itv.com 

Think that probably adds up - there were separate numbers quoted of around a million for ITVX.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR

Round of 16 draw in full

Saturday
17:00: Swizterland v. Italy
20:00: Germany v. Denmark (ITV)

Sunday
17:00: England v. Slovakia (ITV)
20:00: Spain v. Georgia

Monday
17:00: France v. Belgium
20:00: Portugal v. Slovenia

Tuesday
17:00 Romania v. Netherlands
20:00 Austria v. Turkey

Tuesday seventh and eighth picks, unless ITV put a big premium on primetime for ad revenue purposes. Switzerland/Italy the potential quarter-final opponents for England, with the Tuesday matches the other two matches in that half of the draw.

I guess ITV prioritised the primetime game on Saturday and the Germans as I'd say Switzerland v Italy one of the ties of the round, even more so if they're the potential quarter final opponents.

Not sure how the 5pm games have been rating - you'd think the weekend ones might rate better but if the weather is good it might actually be the weekday ones that pick up an audience, even if people miss the beginning.

Nothing on the EPGs yet - BBC have filler programmes and ITV have big blocks of To be Announced.

P.S. Christine Unkel is a major upgrade on their previous ref pundit and ITV's biggest asset so far this tournament and it's really noticeable that the BBC haven't got one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

Spain v Georgia, France v Belgium and Austria v Turkey make up the rest of ITV's last 16 picks (as just announced on air by Pougatch)
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Brekkie, RhysJR

TV schedule confirmed by ITV.

Saturday
17:00: Swizterland v. Italy (BBC)
20:00: Germany v. Denmark (ITV)

Sunday
17:00: England v. Slovakia (ITV)
20:00: Spain v. Georgia (ITV)

Monday
17:00: France v. Belgium (ITV)
20:00: Portugal v. Slovenia (BBC)

Tuesday
17:00 Romania v. Netherlands (BBC)
20:00 Austria v. Turkey (ITV)
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • iloveTV1, thomash79

ITV’s closing montage rounding up the group stages used the BBC’s theme music!
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Gordonthegopher, Luc, RhysJR, UTVLifer