The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

(07-06-2024, 09:59 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Do England have a losing record on Channel 4? A fantastic end to the contract, with as poor a result as the contract started back on 2022.🇮🇸
(PS This is written from a Welsh perspective. And I am using schadenfreude to forget that Wales have their own football team at the moment.)

My calculations say (and correct me if I'm wrong) P20 W9 D6 L5, so surprisingly decent record considering how the contract started and ended.
[-] The following 2 users Like TastyCrow's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR

(02-06-2024, 01:51 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Elsewhere next Saturday, there will be rugby finals simultaneously on BBC One and ITV 1. BBC One with the rugby league Challenge Cup final (Wigan v. Warrington) and ITV 1 with the rugby union Premiership final (Bath v. Northampton). It will be interesting to see the ratings battle there.

Ratings are in for the FTA rugby head-to-head, and it's a narrow win for rugby union, once TNT Sports is included. On BBC One v ITV 1 only, probably a narrow win for the rugby league though.

The rugby league is down a little on last year, though the context given below makes that understandable.

Both governing bodies should be reassured with the figures watching in the stands and on TV yesterday, both were more than reasonable.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

The club World Cup next year is starting to collapse. Real Madrid have said they will boycott it. The rights might not be worth much soon.

(10-06-2024, 10:07 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The club World Cup next year is starting to collapse. Real Madrid have said they will boycott it. The rights might not be worth much soon.

They have just said they will take part in it now

Another British freelance sports journalist is off abroad to cover the Euros.

Olivia Buzaglo is in Mumbai to present Sony Sports Network coverage in India.

James McClean has joined RTÉ's team of Soccer analysts. He is in studio for RTÉ2's coverage of the UEFA International Friendly between Portugal & The Republic of Ireland this evening. The RTÉ2 coverage also has Darragh Maloney as presenter and Stephen Kelly alongside him as one of the other pundit.

(11-06-2024, 07:19 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  James McClean has joined RTÉ's team of Soccer analysts. He is in studio for RTÉ2's coverage of the UEFA International Friendly between Portugal & The Republic of Ireland this evening. The RTÉ2 coverage also has Darragh Maloney as presenter and Stephen Kelly alongside him as one of the other pundit.

Athletics coverage has again been relegated to RTE Player tonight - not sure why they’re not putting it on the News Channel though.

(11-06-2024, 08:59 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Athletics coverage has again been relegated to RTE Player tonight - not sure why they’re not putting it on the News Channel though.

I suspect it’s not on the News Channel to keep it free to show European Election counts as they happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Rdd