The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

(25-06-2024, 10:24 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  There is a bit in the article saying this

Meanwhile, Sky Sports will seek to resist any pressure to allow Saturday’s final to be shown on free-to-air TV, should England get there.

Thankfully England seem determined to make this a complete non issue. Rather insipid batting perforamnce here.

There is a bonus stream on NOW (and presumably other Sky platforms) with Hindi commentary.

(27-06-2024, 03:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  BT have shown Scotland games before, usually on a non-exclusive basis. They've been a major sponsor of Scottish rugby in recent years so may have some kind of broadcasting option in relation to that.

And of course, they will be showing the Autumn internationals.

Make sense in a way that they make an attempt to stop their rugby-specific subscribers for not unsubscribing for the summer.

No broadcasters for the World Rugby Undr 20 Championship in the UK and Ireland. So it will be on RugbyPass TV online only from Saturday.

(27-06-2024, 08:54 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Thankfully England seem determined to make this a complete non issue. Rather insipid batting perforamnce here.

There is a bonus stream on NOW (and presumably other Sky platforms) with Hindi commentary.

They’ve done that before but on Sky Sports Mix, I think. It just takes the commentary from the Hindi broadcaster which I assume is Star
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR

Bit of a surprise to see the Eastbourne men's tennis semi-finals available via the BBC at the moment. I thought they could only show the women's action. I did see a Twitter clip yesterday from Eastbourne of one of the British men with a BBC style scoreboard, but I just assumed that the whole world feed graphics were just reskinned when the BBC had clips.

Nice to see the annual tradition of the women's singles semi-finals starting at 1100 and the BBC coming on air at 1300 continued...

(28-06-2024, 06:18 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Bit of a surprise to see the Eastbourne men's tennis semi-finals available via the BBC at the moment. I thought they could only show the women's action. I did see a Twitter clip yesterday from Eastbourne of one of the British men with a BBC style scoreboard, but I just assumed that the whole world feed graphics were just reskinned when the BBC had clips.

Nice to see the annual tradition of the women's singles semi-finals starting at 1100 and the BBC coming on air at 1300 continued...

Just posted about this in the BBC Sport thread. They showed the final set of Billy Harris' QF match yesterday, as it had reached that point when they came on air at 13:00. I was expecting them to fill with highlights of the previous day's play until it concluded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR

RugbyPass has released some viewing figures of their covergae of the Japan v. England test last weekend. I think the numbers reflect quite well, you could extrapolate these numbers to be a million or so viewers, which for a non-Six Nations rugby match and one early in the morning, sounds very good.

twitter.com 

(26-06-2024, 11:27 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Some MMA action coming up on S4C this weekend - with Swansea’s Brett Johns taking on Tyler Diamond in the PFL.

It’ll be streamed live at 11pm before a linear replay on Saturday at 9pm.

www.s4c.cymru 

S4C's coverage of this was surprisingly onsite in the states, with Owain Gwynedd hosting alongside Euros Jones-Evans. The ever versatile Gareth Roberts on commentary with Greg Kreel, with them back in Wales somewhere (in the tiny studio S4C's overnight women's rugby coverag has come from in recent autumns). I am no expert in MMA, but is this vent deseerving of that level of coverage, or are they going a little bit OTT for the level of event this was?
Media Atom was the production company for S4C, with PFL and DAZN getting the copyright credit.

As ever. it's quite the experience to listen to a new sport on S4C. It feels like the whole lingo has been invented on the spot. The Commonwealth Games highlights in 2022 was particularly enjoyable beacuse of this.
Also, an odd experience these days to see a Russian flag on sports coverage.

www.youtube.com 

The first European football TV fixture has been announced, with Caernarfon's home leg v. Crusaders of Northern Ireland in the Conference League live on S4C.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales