UEFA Euro 2024

Fox still did this monstrosity then

twitter.com 

Looks like they did see sense.
twitter.com 

The German and Dutch coverage, probably like a few others, had the score of the secondary match ina smaller scoreboard below the main one. Not a bad idea.

twitter.com 

An awful idea IMO. Just have it crop up when the score changes.

The official feed bought up the table whenever the scoreline in either match changed but not the score in the other match, which I felt shoukd have preceeded it.

The BBC are using the early match slot on Monday for additional Wimbledon coverage on BBC One, and on Tuesday they'll switch coverage from BBC Two to BBC One for 75 minutes after the news following Romania vs Netherlands (the regional news being at 16:00 before the match).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • Reith85

Looks like Mark Chapman is back in the UK, at least temporarily. Gabby Logan's audio sounded different, so I think she is still in Germany. Really the BBC don't need a second live TV presenter from now on, unless they happen to have the two quarter-finals on the same day. Unless Alex Scott has gone home or become a pundit only and Gabby will take the highlights. I'd strongly suspect Mark will go back out later on as he is 5 Live Sport's lead presenter.

With ITV having both games on Sunday, it will be interesting to see if Laura Woods presents Spain v. Georgia from Berlin (i.e. each presenter presents one game that day) or if she will continue in the pitchside presenting role, with Mark Pougatch on air from 15:30 to 22:30.

twitter.com 

Must admit - wasn’t sure what to make about Laura but I’ve begun to warm to her during this tournament.

Think they were originally due to have Seema Jaswal on the team as well before her unexplained absence in the past few months (she’s back on socials but no explanation as to what happened)

Come to think of it, I wonder if that’s partly why they drafted in Celina Hinchcliffe to V/O those stripped-back highlights shows.

Celina Hinchliffe was one of the hosts of the same format back in 2018, so I wouldn't be surprised of she was always planned.Tom Skippings and/or Richard Henwood (often get those two mixed up) I think were also voicing those show. She has also voiced a few reports that have aired pre-match (one with Eden Hazard that was filmed during the Soccer Aid promotion for example).

Got to agree with Laura as well, I wasn't too enamoured with her before Qatar, but have enjoyed her work there and in Germany.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales

Sad to hear that Saturday will be the last time Clive Tyldesley appears on ITV. He's been a very fine commentator and still sounds at the top of his game this tournament.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, lookoutwales

It's always a relief when it's Clive and Ally rather than Sam and Lee. I'm guessing someone else is the number two for the quarters as still possible they have two the sane day.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Bluecortina, lookoutwales, News Engineer, RhysJR, Transmission

(27-06-2024, 06:33 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Looks like Mark Chapman is back in the UK, at least temporarily. Gabby Logan's audio sounded different, so I think she is still in Germany. Really the BBC don't need a second live TV presenter from now on, unless they happen to have the two quarter-finals on the same day. Unless Alex Scott has gone home or become a pundit only and Gabby will take the highlights. I'd strongly suspect Mark will go back out later on as he is 5 Live Sport's lead presenter.

With ITV having both games on Sunday, it will be interesting to see if Laura Woods presents Spain v. Georgia from Berlin (i.e. each presenter presents one game that day) or if she will continue in the pitchside presenting role, with Mark Pougatch on air from 15:30 to 22:30.

twitter.com 

I think quite a few of the presenters take the opportunity to fly home during the brief period of no matches, Laura Woods is 'back in Blighty' at the moment too, after all it is only a couple of hours flight (although reminds me of my trip to Amsterdam where the challenge of getting from Leeds centre to Leeds Bradford airport took about twice as long as the actual flight itself!)
[-] The following 4 users Like Johnr's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Who has the 8pm game on Friday? ITV now saying it seems as this moment of time, saying they have 4pm game only now, but BBC has not updated its listings as of yet.