BBC/ITV North West News

(20-05-2024, 06:22 PM)DrewF Wrote:  You can see the variance studio/set sizing quite clearly when you put them side by side.

I think NWT may be the tightest in terms of space behind the set - and you can see one of the lights in shot!

Have to wonder if they couldn't go higher perhaps they should have gone thinner on the vertical screen to trick the eye a bit into thinking it's taller.

Curious to see Russell Sheath saying there are two more regions to go…

x.com 

I thought it was just Plymouth left. I seem to remember him saying that St Helier’s current set is staying.

So does that mean London could be getting one? NickyS mentioned there was technical work going on in NBH studio A…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • interestednovice

Think a separate reply answers your query
x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Spencer

(21-05-2024, 01:36 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Wait. There's only one main gallery to run Studios 1 & 3?

No,when breakfast moved it remained in the same gallery due to it being set up for news. Sport use a very different operating system so a different gallery is used when providing the sports news.
[-] The following 3 users Like South's post:
  • AaronLancs, bkman1990, interestednovice

Will the Channel Islands have a full set - I thought they only had an opt out?

(21-05-2024, 08:38 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Will the Channel Islands have a full set - I thought they only had an opt out?

Yes, but for cost reasons Charlie McArdle will be installing it all himself with a Terratek electric screwdriver set from his days on bid tv.
[-] The following 10 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • arbrax, bkman1990, Brekkie, GMc, interestednovice, Josh, London Lite, Michael Wotton, TVFan, UTVLifer

(21-05-2024, 01:32 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  The moiré issue must be at least part of the reason why Look Levy has now started having the weather forecast on the screen “down the line” from a separate weather studio; with the presenter not actually in the studio the shot can be tweaked to make the effect less noticeable as they can use a bit of a better angle. The bonus is it facilitates Levy banter too, of course!

I would argue that the fact that the weather presenter is 50 miles away in Leeds is a bigger part of it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • interestednovice

Is that always the case, I didn’t realise!?

Regardless of the reason, it seems to work well anyway.

(21-05-2024, 08:38 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Will the Channel Islands have a full set - I thought they only had an opt out?

I thought that, last we heard, they’d been extending their cupboard-sized studio space so they could do something a bit “new set lite” in it - but the problem that the set wouldn’t fit in it’s standard form has been discussed here before.

It will interesting to see what they manage to end up with there.

(21-05-2024, 08:32 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Think a separate reply answers your query
x.com 
I'm going to stop off at Seymour Road on the way home from work one day and steal his screw driver so he can't do the downgrade in Plymouth. Angel
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, TJTSW, UTVLifer

Interesting reply from Russell here. I assume "1.5" refers to the Channel Islands not getting a full version of the set?

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Spencer, Stuart, UTVLifer