UEFA Euro 2024

(28-06-2024, 11:26 PM)Andrew Wrote:  To avoid all this misunderstanding, I think in future years EPGs should just have a big long 1600-0000 To Be Announced until schedules are finalised, rather than people thinking a placeholder is the actual.

The Sunday night schedule on BBC One is completely different than any schedule that was in the listings. They’ve moved the legends slot at Glastonbury to mid afternoon, so it doesn’t clash with the football, and an episode of Wallace and Gromit has been slotted in

The main evening has been pushed back half an hour and they are no longer returning to Glastonbury for the headliner at 10pm, all the coverage from there now stays on BBC Two all night

Gosh, that seems like way too much disruption for when they are actually not showing any football that day. I doubt there is a much crossover in Harry Kane fans and Shania Twain fans, so not sure why the felt compelled to move that.

(28-06-2024, 11:26 PM)Andrew Wrote:  To avoid all this misunderstanding, I think in future years EPGs should just have a big long 1600-0000 To Be Announced until schedules are finalised, rather than people thinking a placeholder is the actual.
To be fair that's what ITV had done for this weekend at least. Sounds like as usual the BBC have overcomplicated things.

Just as an aside, reminded of one of the Beeb's pundits during the group stages who commented how "all common sense goes out of the window during tournaments".

I swear that same sentence could be said about BBC schedulers around Wimbledon time.

Particular sympathy with the regional newsrooms, of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • UTVLifer

The Daily Mail have an interview with the outgoing Clive Tyldesley. He said he was informed five or six weeks ago that tonight will be his last commentary for ITV, and it also suggests that he will pop up again for Amazon this December (he's contracted with CBS for the Champions League, so I'd wager we'll hear Jon Champion with Amazon in the UK). He has just launched a new podcast via Global with Martin O'Neill as well. Good to ehar there should be some kind of on-air tribute tonight, as that is a minimum 28 years of service with many iconic moments deserves.

www.dailymail.co.uk 

Thanks to someone over on DigitalSpy pointing to a feature on Radio 5 Live earlier with Adrian Chiles joined by Clive and the commentary legend that is Barry Davies to discuss Euros of the past. Around 1h40' in.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(28-06-2024, 11:56 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Just as an aside, reminded of one of the Beeb's pundits during the group stages who commented how "all common sense goes out of the window during tournaments".

I swear that same sentence could be said about BBC schedulers around Wimbledon time.

Particular sympathy with the regional newsrooms, of course.

4pm on Tuesday for the local news a particular low point. Just two hours or so after their last bulletin and three hours before the national news airs. Lucky the 'work to rule' edicts are no longer in force.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • JT95

Nice work to get BBC News sports correspondent Andy SWISS to voice a feature on Switzerland in the build-up of this match Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Reith85

(29-06-2024, 01:09 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  4pm on Tuesday for the local news a particular low point. Just two hours or so after their last bulletin and three hours before the national news airs. Lucky the 'work to rule' edicts are no longer in force.

This happened back in the 70s and 80s, it nothing new. I believe HTV had more programmes as it had to fit in Welsh news aswell.

(29-06-2024, 01:09 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The Daily Mail have an interview with the outgoing Clive Tyldesley. He said he was informed five or six weeks ago that tonight will be his last commentary for ITV, and it also suggests that he will pop up again for Amazon this December (he's contracted with CBS for the Champions League, so I'd wager we'll hear Jon Champion with Amazon in the UK). He has just launched a new podcast via Global with Martin O'Neill as well. Good to ehar there should be some kind of on-air tribute tonight, as that is a minimum 28 years of service with many iconic moments deserves.

www.dailymail.co.uk 

Thanks to someone over on DigitalSpy pointing to a feature on Radio 5 Live earlier with Adrian Chiles joined by Clive and the commentary legend that is Barry Davies to discuss Euros of the past. Around 1h40' in.

www.bbc.co.uk 

4pm on Tuesday for the local news a particular low point. Just two hours or so after their last bulletin and three hours before the national news airs. Lucky the 'work to rule' edicts are no longer in force.

Makes far more sense than being scheduled after then being bumped if extra time. I doubt those who "work to rule" and usually finish at 7pm will be complaining about knocking off by 4.30pm.

(29-06-2024, 04:57 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Makes far more sense than being scheduled after then being bumped if extra time. I doubt those who "work to rule" and usually finish at 7pm will be complaining about knocking off by 4.30pm.
Very few in broadcasting now have a ‘work to rule’ attitude. No need for that swipe.

(29-06-2024, 05:23 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  Very few in broadcasting now have a ‘work to rule’ attitude. No need for that swipe.

I was referencing the work to rule that many in local and regional BBC did last year in response to the cuts of BBC Local Radio. If I rememeber correctly, there was a few occasions where some regional bulletins were curtailed due to this (though I think these were more the late bulletin being later than normal rather than any changes to the teatime bulletin). Theoretically there could have been issues if there was such changes this time last year was what I was thinking when I wrote that.

www.standard.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, Fish92, Happy2001

(26-06-2024, 07:19 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Andy Robertson has been replaced by Kevin de Bruyne in the titles. Kind of answers my thought of was there a Plan B if the likes of Mbappe or Kane didn't feature in the tournament.

They've also added Kylian Mbappe's mask to the titles. These titles were very good to start with, and them being updated through the tournament is very nice.
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, eyeTV, lookoutwales