Newsnight

So far I wish they had just axed the programme, the colour pallet is very daytime esque, very much suiting something more like loose women than newsnight.

Oh dear, Newsnight titles now have the random circles look. The graphics and music don’t sync. The end part is awful as the graphics stay static for a while.. Felt like Victoria was peaking behind the screen in the foreground. That camera move was a bit odd. Having said that the studio looks good.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 5 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, oscillon, Stuart

wasn't expecting a Newsnight refresh at all! I've noticed the logo now uses the Reith font, which I don't hate

At one end of the set, the sofa cover looks even more abysmal than it did before. At the other end, it looks like they’ve dug out the old sofa from Victoria Derbyshire’s long-axed BBC Two programme - that’s been in storage for quite a while!
[-] The following 7 users Like Critique's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, LDN, London Lite, Stuart, UTVLifer

At least they got a new sofa out of it (well, new to them).
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, UTVLifer

The camera movements appear to be all over the place. This seems like they are deliberately trying to kill the programme.
[-] The following 5 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Stuart, UTVLifer

The Newsnight DOG looks awfully placed on the BBC Two stream, and slightly cut off on the BBC News stream

Am I watching Loose Women?

The set is far too bright for what is supposed to be a late night news programme
[-] The following 5 users Like thomalex's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, LDN, Stuart, UTVLifer

Some bizarre choices in that animating contact details graphic. Like why does the WhatsApp number start “+44”? Is Newsnight shown outside the UK?
[-] The following 1 user Likes gav's post:
  • UTVLifer

Shame they didn't utilise those slightly re-jigged titles used on a Newsnight special a couple of weeks ago. So far...feels like they've taken inspiration from the format from Politics Hub on Sky News. The old Vic Derbyshire sofa fits in well enough, but the covers on the other one don't look great.
[-] The following 5 users Like BN88's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Stuart, UTVLifer