UEFA Euro 2024

Yes that was a fantastic segment and an excellent editorial decision to bring Christina in to actually explain the laws while also getting the emotional view from the professionals. ITV's football coverage is the strongest it's been in ages (putting the inexplicable Clive decision to one side).
[-] The following 3 users Like Luc's post:
  • Jeff, RhysJR, Transmission

I've always been one of the three people who usually watch the final on ITV anyway but agree they've got a really strong panel this year. I've actually found the BBC coverage quite a chore this year - Micah tries to bring a bit of life to it but it's all been a bit boring with panelists who are largely very similar to each other whilst I think the main ITV pundits all bring something a bit different.

What's that thing about the England team and ITV?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Reith85

(30-06-2024, 06:45 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  What's that thing about the England team and ITV?

Should be even more fun now knowing they’re also down to show Spain v Georgia at 8pm!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(30-06-2024, 06:45 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  What's that thing about the England team and ITV?
I think this was posted 42 minutes too early. Tongue 

Still could come true though.

How will they manage to fit in adequate analysis and interviews with the players and manager before the Spain Vs Georgia game at 8pm? Especially if it goes to penalities? Will they show the 2nd match on the 4th ITV? How will they fit in all the allocated advert breaks which must be worth oodles of revenue for the channel for a match this big?

Probably a good job the next match is also on ITV

Otherwise you’d have the situation of Gary and the team coming on air to no viewers, wishing they could watch the England game themselves

(30-06-2024, 06:59 PM)AxG Wrote:  I think this was posted 42 minutes too early. Tongue 

Still could come true though.
It was me posting that that made me jinx the topical of of the post Cool

I don’t watch football too often, but is it normal to completely forgo any analysis between full time and the start of extra time on ITV/commercial TV? Felt very abrupt and by the time the break was over the presenter barely had time to get more than a few sentences in before having to hand back to the commentators as extra time had already started.

There were also about five edits of the same Walkers ad during aforementioned break, some of which were a shorter cut of the same ad. This meant that there was a weird repetition of the same scenes - did they perhaps have to dump some ads at the last minute (literally) that referenced England losing etc?

Surely these knockout games are scheduled too close together if there is any chance of overlap in an extra time & penalty situation.
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Brekkie, RhysJR, UTVLifer