UEFA Euro 2024

No such problems for radio - 5 Live is doing extended England analysis while the Spain-Georgia comms begins on Sports Extra.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Reith85

(30-06-2024, 07:41 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  No such problems for radio - 5 Live is doing extended England analysis while the Spain-Georgia comms begins on Sports Extra.

x.com 

Dumb decision - they've plenty of time to wrap things up before 8pm.

There is still a good 15 mins to analyse the match in the end

(30-06-2024, 06:45 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  What's that thing about the England team and ITV?

That post didn’t age well

EDIT: Actually there wasn’t 15 mins, it was about 5 mins before they went to an ad break and then straight to Spain v Georgia, as of course the anthems take place before kick off

A strange situation meaning the pundits who are on shift for this game won’t be seen until half time, and we also didn’t go back to Laura Woods and Karen Carney either

So is the ITV Picks competition the football equivalent of the ITV7 for racing?

(30-06-2024, 07:46 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That post didn’t age well
Bear with, It'll become relevant in a week or so!
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Reith85

(30-06-2024, 07:56 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Bear with, It'll become relevant in a week or so!
Big Grin

Next Saturday’s England Quarter Final is on BBC One

I certainly can vibe with Roy Keane here

I wonder at what point do the on air talent migrate to the studio from the green room? Probably would rather stay in the studio with a screen that size.

twitter.com 

(30-06-2024, 07:24 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Surely these knockout games are scheduled too close together if there is any chance of overlap in an extra time & penalty situation.

Absolutely, given both the extended injury time periods and broadcasters having longer pre/post match segments. The World Cup generally allows four hours.

I’m sure they showed a clip on the programme showing them watching the game in the studio sat on stools, so presumably they stay in the studio throughout?

Talking about sitting down, did that second indoor ITV studio really only get used for one match?

(30-06-2024, 08:17 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m sure they showed a clip on the programme showing them watching the game in the studio sat on stools, so presumably they stay in the studio throughout?

Talking about sitting down, did that second indoor ITV studio really only get used for one match?

I think Mark Pougatch mentioned last night during the rain delay that someone had left their tea behind, but either scenario is plausible.

They might prefer the green room because that at least has chairs!