UEFA Euro 2024

(02-07-2024, 12:39 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Yeah, all very odd, especially with her prominence in the pre-tournament press. Also, Mark Chapman has been very busy in comparison doing TV and radio, so as much I love Mark on the TV coverage, it would arguably be a better share of resources to have him on the radio only. Gabby is the only person on the BBC TV team bar Mark to also cover the Olympics for the BBC, so that might be a factor (though that argument doesn't work with many radio voices like Mark and Kelly Cates doubling up).

Gabby will be on Lorraine in the morning so it looks like she is back in the UK.

twitter.com 

Was it rumoured at the time of TNT Sports' launch that Laura Woods will be hosting at the Olympics fir Eurosport?
And Gabby might do a pitchside presentation role at the England game on Saturday, like Laura did for ITV on Sunday if she returns to Germany?

Laura Woods confirmed she was hosting Olympic for Discovery/Eurosport in an interview.

I can take things back on topic if you like - BBC One's schedule for Saturday has been published, and I guess we've got Wimbledon to thank for the fact we'll only be subjected to an hour of build-up for England's quarter-final.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • RhysJR

The iPlayer HDR feed dropped to bars (followed by a temporary fault slide) for a few minutes during the build-up to Romania v Netherlands. All fixed long before kick-off.

(02-07-2024, 12:12 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Gabby Logan’s stint at this euros seems to have been quite low key. She arrived a week late, did the two Scotland games, one or two others maximum and then looks to have now gone home.

If there had been another Scotland game it would have been on ITV so she wouldn’t have done that either.

Some TV mags and newspaper pull outs etc had her front and centre in the pre tournament previews but she’s barely been part of it.

Jonathan Pearce another one. He arrived late, did two live games in the final round of the group stage, then hasn't done a live commentary in the Round of 16 (he has done two highlights commentaries this round). I think he often does a quarter-final, but that still would be only three live games all tournament.

(02-07-2024, 12:12 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Gabby Logan’s stint at this euros seems to have been quite low key. She arrived a week late, did the two Scotland games, one or two others maximum and then looks to have now gone home.

If there had been another Scotland game it would have been on ITV so she wouldn’t have done that either.

Some TV mags and newspaper pull outs etc had her front and centre in the pre tournament previews but she’s barely been part of it.

(02-07-2024, 05:10 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Jonathan Pearce another one. He arrived late, did two live games in the final round of the group stage, then hasn't done a live commentary in the Round of 16 (he has done two highlights commentaries this round). I think he often does a quarter-final, but that still would be only three live games all tournament.

I have no inside knowledge of this just asking a question but could it be possible Logan asked for a lesser role as the Olympics is coming up? and Jonathan Pearce is 64 now maybe he wanted a lesser role this tournament, only guessing

In other news Alex Scott on punditry duty today only her 2nd match as pundit this tournament with her other being Germany v Hungary in the group stages although she has done all the BBC highlights shows as presenter.
[-] The following 3 users Like NI92's post:
  • Brekkie, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Not sure how Sam Matterface got 27 and 57 seconds mixed up at the start there.

Big viewing figures continue for the non-England home nations games.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, lookoutwales

And to think some people say matches should be on ITV4 so 2.5m people can watch another episode of Corrie.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Bungo Bill, lookoutwales, RhysJR, Transmission

(02-07-2024, 05:52 PM)NI92 Wrote:  I have no inside knowledge of this just asking a question but could it be possible Logan asked for a lesser role as the Olympics is coming up? and Jonathan Pearce is 64 now maybe he wanted a lesser role this tournament, only guessing

In other news Alex Scott on punditry duty today only her 2nd match as pundit this tournament with her other being Germany v Hungary in the group stages although she has done all the BBC highlights shows as presenter.

It's very rare in an industry as competitive and ruthless as sports TV that people request less work and a lower profile, plus 64 is still young and below retirement age! There may well have been diary/personal reasons or just that other people were preferred for those assignments

In other News: MagentaTV, the streaming service that has the exclusive rights to Austria - Turkey in Germany, was forced to start streaming the Match on Youtube. Their own apps and website have been down since the match started.

[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • LargelyALurker, RhysJR

To confirm,

Friday
17:00 Spain v. Germany (ITV)
20:00 Portugal v. France (BBC)

Saturday
17:00 England v. Switzerland (BBC)
20:00 Netherlands v. Turkey (ITV)

Each get one game on Friday and one on Saturday, each get one game at 17:00 and one at 20:00.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Luc