Newsnight

Now, almost 25 minutes later, a “proper” clip-up of the top stories on the front pages is now being used on the NC. Much like The Papers used to do.

BBC News can do it properly, so why the mess on Newsnight?

I do also think that Newsnight’s lighting changes are a little overdone, as it washes out the faces of the pundits/presenter a little bit much. I’m sure they could find a compromise between the “dead if night pitch blackness” era and this almost Victoria Derbyshire programme style, bright colours look. Why not keep the style but turn it down slightly?
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Stuart

Newsnight have relocated the (second hand) sofa to in front of the window in 54D, so I wonder if BBC Persian are also using it during the day since it has a neutral colour.

The area of the studio housing the desk didn't make an appearance on Monday evening.

Oh no! The old sofa is back at the window tonight. Confused

I think tonight's Newsnight is the first which was really flagging towards the end in terms of content/guests since the new format. The gambling story did not deserve the full 30 minutes, and Victoria was struggling to not ask questions which would elicit the same points. The Assange story would have been a good 10 minute item to switch away from the tawdry politics.

I know it was often the opposite a couple of years ago when it felt like guests could barely get a hearing due to panel discussions being extremely time limited. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come considering the funding situation.

(25-06-2024, 10:48 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Oh no! The old sofa is back at the window tonight. Confused

My eyes are twitching more at the mismatched screens to the left and the right Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • eyeTV, LDN, Stuart

The painted top of the desk is looking really scratched! up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

or is that the design?

(11 hours ago)scottishtv Wrote:  The painted top of the desk is looking really scratched! up.metropol247.co.uk 

or is that the design?
The coffee table looks the same, so I guess it's the design, but not a very good one.