Eurovision Song Contest 2024

And the bookies win again...

I really thought Croatia had it!

(11-05-2024, 11:50 PM)Andrew Wrote:  UK the only country to get no points at all in the televote is pretty poor

I wasn’t a fan of the staging, I think that enclosed box style actually made it look worse, as if it could have been pre recorded

It was a pretty poor song to begin with.

I've adored Petra and Malin as hosts this week! It's been so genuinely joyful to have Petra back one more time as host
[-] The following 4 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • chaose, Hadrien, JosiahStuart, News Engineer

The first time Switzerland have won Eurovision since 1988.

Also, it's Ireland's best Eurovision finish since 1997.
[-] The following 8 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Happy2001, JosiahStuart, scottishtv, thomash79, UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 11:50 PM)Andrew Wrote:  UK the only country to get no points at all in the televote is pretty poor

I wasn’t a fan of the staging, I think that enclosed box style actually made it look worse, as if it could have been pre recorded

That just proves the song didn't connect with the public, We need to try harder to connect with people.

I wonder how quickly SRF will try and get Celine Dion to make an appearance next year if she's well enough?
[-] The following 4 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • ethanjbrady, fatal paper cut, JosiahStuart, UTVLifer

For once the song I liked actually won. Thank goodness it did, would have been so gutting for him to do so well at the start and then lose

Love the graphic design this year and the backdrop to the voting and the reprise at the end looks amazing
[-] The following 5 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, ethanjbrady, Jon, turbolazer, UTVLifer

Oh my god he did he just break the trophy there at the end of his reprise?!

Thank you Graham Norton for being wonderful as ever, good night!
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • fatal paper cut

(11-05-2024, 11:56 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Oh my god he did he just break the trophy there at the end of his reprise?!

Thank you Graham Norton for being wonderful as ever, good night!

Yeah think it's slightly broken!
[-] The following 3 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • bkman1990, fatal paper cut, UTVLifer

I think it helps to justify keeping the juries for the final, the joke act would have won otherwise. And those gaining a political vote would have come closer to winning.

The best pop song won.
[-] The following 7 users Like Jon's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, fatal paper cut, JosiahStuart, News Engineer, UTVLifer